Support your team. Do not abuse the players.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Agree with OP.

After all, CPJ abuses our players enough.

Can anyone. Literally anyone, post a comment from a player (present or past that played under CPJ) where they say coach doesn’t support them and care about them?

For heaven’s sakes there have been multiple articles about multiple players who have been dismissed from the team that CPJ stays in touch with and continues to help. A certain RB headed to Nebraska comes to mind among others.

This is a provably false narrative and I am tired of reading it without Challenging it EVERY TIME from now on that I come across it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
The way Iook at it is that these kids deserve a supportive fan base through the good and bad times. Schools like UGA still had a strong base even during their bad years , we can too. However that doesn't mean we can't be harsh on the coaches. They are the ones that should have the answers to helping these kids fix the mistakes and that's what worries me. CPJ used to be a master at that and now he doesn't seem to have a clue on what's wrong.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This was a total team ( coaches and players ) thing today. Bad calls against and I personally think we had at least two bad calls go for us. Players not concentrating and coaches are trying to force results by playing calling.

I understand the talk about CPJ but I’ll leave you with this. Coming out of the half coach said two things ; they have to make plays and we have to help them, I think we can do some things to help them. On the first possession TM hit a wide open player who dropped the ball 30 yards down the field, We had the right call on. Not much more a coach can do folks.

The fake punt was CPJ forcing it. I think we were 3 straight possessions of 6 plays or less up until that point and we were scoreless, bad decision but I put that in the same category as jumping before the snap, dropping balls and totally overthrowing open WRs, it’s a mental problem.

Right now I think concentration is an issue. The entire team ( including coaches) seems to be waiting on that unforced error, very tentative atmosphere.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
This was a total team ( coaches and players ) thing today. Bad calls against and I personally think we had at least two bad calls go for us. Players not concentrating and coaches are trying to force results by playing calling.

I understand the talk about CPJ but I’ll leave you with this. Coming out of the half coach said two things ; they have to make plays and we have to help them, I think we can do some things to help them. On the first possession TM hit a wide open player who dropped the ball 30 yards down the field, We had the right call on. Not much more a coach can do folks.

The fake punt was CPJ forcing it. I think we were 3 straight possessions of 6 plays or less up until that point and we were scoreless, bad decision but I put that in the same category as jumping before the snap, dropping balls and totally overthrowing open WRs, it’s a mental problem.

Right now I think concentration is an issue. The entire team ( including coaches) seems to be waiting on that unforced error, very tentative atmosphere.

Agreed.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Food for thought - this is very similar to how we were playing early in 2014. I am NOT saying we will end up like that, but it’s eerily similar.

Please be right. Please be right. Please be right. Hahah

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
The team can’t seem to get out of their own way at times. It’s like they don’t necessarily know “how” to win right now. Not enough killer instinct with anyone (coaches included). We mess around too much and don’t go for the jugular when we need to. We need some killers to step up and get us over this hump. Some real head hunters.

Deleted member 2897

No it really isn't.

Yes it really is. We were playing terrible and had amazing luck to win the few games we did win early on. Finally played well for the first time against Miami but then lost to bad Duke and UNC teams. Again, I’m not saying this team can play well like they eventually did, but it was bad football the first month that year. We had no business winning a couple of the early games that we did, like GaSou and VT - they were handed to us by Lady Luck.

Buzzzard

Georgia Tech Fan
Love the players, every one of them. It starts and stops with the coach. TS has his work cut out for him. He's about to lose the fan base IMHO.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I’ll never try to blame the players. They’re college kids. CPJ did a crap job today. We lost the game as a team but it’s on him. TQM wasn’t 100% and it showed. Playing a hurt QB and the fake punt disaster cost the game.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Yes it really is. We were playing terrible and had amazing luck to win the few games we did win early on. Finally played well for the first time against Miami but then lost to bad Duke and UNC teams. Again, I’m not saying this team can play well like they eventually did, but it was bad football the first month that year. We had no business winning a couple of the early games that we did, like GaSou and VT - they were handed to us by Lady Luck.

We were playing terrible in the sense that it looked like we would still not be players against the better teams. It was never "we won't make a bowl game" bad. No business against GSU? We were up by 25 at the half. Yes it was a terrible meltdown, but to say we had no business is stupid. Against VT we were down by 10 for all of about 2 minutes. That was a close game the entire way. Yes we were fortunate to win. But we were playing much better then they we were now. But it was "we'll be a 7 win team yet again bad" not what we are seeing now.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
146735E0-5CBB-44E2-840E-2BCD1093A2E6.jpeg
Ouch

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Really? Tater Bennett? CPJ's decisions weren't the only thing that cost the game. How about two dropped wide open passes. How about 4th down overthrow on a wide open route? How about another fumble by a senior? How about a late pick by a SR QB?

Look PJ didn't call a great game and has been doing a poor job coaching, but the players ultimately have to play.

Deleted member 2897

We were playing terrible in the sense that it looked like we would still not be players against the better teams. It was never "we won't make a bowl game" bad. No business against GSU? We were up by 25 at the half. Yes it was a terrible meltdown, but to say we had no business is stupid. Against VT we were down by 10 for all of about 2 minutes. That was a close game the entire way. Yes we were fortunate to win. But we were playing much better then they we were now. But it was "we'll be a 7 win team yet again bad" not what we are seeing now.

We were down by 10 to VT with 2 minutes left and they had the ball. We were losing to GaSo until seconds remained where we had to convert a 4th down. As best I can tell, the main difference so far is we don’t have any luck.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
We were down by 10 to VT with 2 minutes left and they had the ball. We were losing to GaSo until seconds remained where we had to convert a 4th down. As best I can tell, the main difference so far is we don’t have any luck.

Literally neither of those things were true. Against VT we tied the game up with just over 2 minutes left. Against GSU we didn't convert a 4th down on the final drive.

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
The players don't consistently make plays and we never blame Paul. I think he's a great coach from an X's and O's standpoint, but at some point guys not catching passes, lame duck throws, missed special team assignments, and poor blocking have to fall on the coach... Either from a coaching or recruiting standpoint

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
It’s going to be really hard for these players to regroup and refocus if they get curb stomped by Clemson next week and fall to 1 and 3...

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
It’s going to be really hard for these players to regroup and refocus if they get curb stomped by Clemson next week and fall to 1 and 3...

We were getting totally disrupted by Pitt’s D-Line. Clemson’s D-Line is probably more talented and Venables has owned CPJ. If we don’t figure something out, things could get ugly.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I think some of you guys are being way too sensitive. Aside from one or two posters in the game chat, no one was saying anything out of line about players. Someone on a game chat saying “how the hell does he drop that?” when a wide open WR on scholarship drops an easy catch is not the same as giving that WR death threats like the SEC schools often do.

“Being too negative” is not a real thing. This is a Georgia Tech sports message board. We discuss Georgia Tech sports. When Georgia Tech sports crap the bed, it logically makes sense that the discussion on the message board will be negative. We’re here to discuss Georgia Tech football. If everyone just posted “Aw man! Nice try! Better luck next time!” the discussion would get dull, rather quick. Aside from a few select posters, everyone here supports the kids in Gold. We don’t need to post a paragraph before every post explaining that.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Really? Tater Bennett? CPJ's decisions weren't the only thing that cost the game. How about two dropped wide open passes. How about 4th down overthrow on a wide open route? How about another fumble by a senior? How about a late pick by a SR QB?

Look PJ didn't call a great game and has been doing a poor job coaching, but the players ultimately have to play.

Just wanted to highlight what should be obvious, but to some it isn't.