Support your team. Do not abuse the players.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
So today sucked. Our expectations are at an all time low.

There is no reason to lose your mind or rant and rave about our team. We've got what we've got. Go to the games, cheer the players. Recognize good plays.

Being overtly negative does not do anything. Your posts aren't going to affect the AD's decisions, but they can and will affect the morale of the team.

We got absolutely hosed by 2 late hit penalties and a poor decision to fake a punt. It happens. Your expectations are tempered. Cheer the team and enjoy when we win.

Deleted member 2897

They were absolutely egregious and bailed Pitt out. If there is anything to be mad about - it's those penalties. They were completely unjustified and our Athletics department should demand some action. Those refs should be suspended a game - today proved that they are incompetent.

CPJ said previously he has stopped sending tape up to the head office because they don’t care and don’t do anything about it. Those penalties were drive sustaining penalties and changed the complexion of the game. Totally ridiculous. Why can’t we request a video review so they can actually see they were well inbounds instead of letting a free first down and 15 yards stand. They review NONCALLS like targeting, they sure as hell should review game changing bad calls. And these are an easy fix - you don’t have to over turn a touchdown or change of possession...you just mark the ball where he went out and undo the penalty.

Deleted member 2897

I am a fan of the players because of who they are as people. I want them to win football games, but doing so does not define my fandom. I hate losing when we could have won, etc etc etc, but I love the team.

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
So today sucked. Our expectations are at an all time low.

There is no reason to lose your mind or rant and rave about our team. We've got what we've got. Go to the games, cheer the players. Recognize good plays.

Being overtly negative does not do anything. Your posts aren't going to affect the AD's decisions, but they can and will affect the morale of the team.

We got absolutely hosed by 2 late hit penalties and a poor decision to fake a punt. It happens. Your expectations are tempered. Cheer the team and enjoy when we win.
Will support the team and the players no matter what. Will go to the games, cheer, and hope we win. I also think it's time for a new head coach.

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck
Hard to do right now, I’m all for supporting the SAs but man I would wanna punch CPJ in the face if I were a player and I watched his post game interview today.

Maybe. I guess the truth hurts. PJs problem is the way he says it, not what he says. Either way it looks like his time is up. I guess we will find out if he can really coach now.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
I admit - I had to quit watching this game. They looked snakebit. Stupid fake punt. Horrible calls for late hits. Dropped passes. Key injuries - Bryan not here, Martin out, Marshall out, Cooper still gone, am I forgetting any? TQ still looking hobbled, but left in no matter what. Poor passing and pitch decisions. It's frustrating.

At the same time, I am not giving up on this team. I do think our D needs time before we judge and it sounds like they adjusted 2nd half (I quit watching mid 3rd). CPJ is allowed to have a bad coaching day - I rarely think he blows it, but some things today...? I would like to see another QB put in. I love TQ's heart and talent, but he is not playing up to his standards whether because of the toe or just he's doubting.

We have 9 games left and I still think we can turn this into a respectable season. But if we go 0-9 the rest of the way, I will still support this team and be cheering at BDS. I even promise not to turn off the TV again. I just wish I knew what the problem is and how to fix it.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
The way Iook at it is that these kids deserve a supportive fan base through the good and bad times. Schools like UGA still had a strong base even during their bad years , we can too. However that doesn't mean we can't be harsh on the coaches. They are the ones that should have the answers to helping these kids fix the mistakes and that's what worries me. CPJ used to be a master at that and now he doesn't seem to have a clue on what's wrong.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
The way Iook at it is that these kids deserve a supportive fan base through the good and bad times. Schools like UGA still had a strong base even during their bad years , we can too. However that doesn't mean we can't be harsh on the coaches. They are the ones that should have the answers to helping these kids fix the mistakes and that's what worries me. CPJ used to be a master at that and now he doesn't seem to have a clue on what's wrong.

UGA has a good fan base for the past 10 years when they had top 10 classes and had nothing to show for it.

I know that doesn’t add much of value to this thread but it’s all I have left.

slugboy

Staff member

I’ve seen serious abuse hurled at the players and coaches at UGA, before Richt got there. It’s not the nurturing fan base that you describe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
The team is trying hard, no doubt. But trying hard doesn’t win games... making plays wins games. Winners make plays and losers don’t make plays. Nuff said. They’re the latter until they make enough plays to prove otherwise. That’s not abuse, that’s life. It’s time for these “kids” to grow up, show up, and show out. And have some damn pride in themselves. The coaches can’t catch, throw, or block for these kids. They got to man up on their own.