Suddes

JacketFan137

Banned
Yall are incorrect in thinking that just because I don't take a steamy, colon cleansing dump on our program that I am happy with the direction that we are going. Im not. It sucks more than a $5 street walker that we have only 9 wins in 3 years with the current head coach, while uga has gotten to where they are nationally. BUT, it's FEBRUARY. The season is 7 months, 2 training camps and a free agent signing period (post spring practice transfer portal) away. Im not gonna get my underwear in a wad up my butt over something I don't have control over.

Yes, we as an athletic program are in serious debt. So I donate what I can and try to add to that total each year. I buy 3 season tix for football and attend several basketball & baseball games each year. I eat in the stadium/arena. What are you individually doing to HELP our athletic program, aside from your oh so clever snide remarks on some message board?

If, with this coaching staff or the next, we win and win consistently, folks on here will complain when the stands are full again and the prices for tix go up.

Just listen to the Zen Master. Go Tech!!!

it’s so funny i just don’t get what’s so fun about crying like a baby from now til september

i’m guessing these guys have other things going on in their life and they’re using this place as an outlet. makes no sense to come back every day and bash tech football when the season hasn’t started

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Are we expecting the overall vibe here to be super positive after 9 wins in 3 years and a horrific offseason that probably isn’t done yet? What planet are you guys living on? The dial isn’t going to turn more towards the positive side until something positive happens. Dear god please let something positive happen.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
This stuff will happen every year with good quality people. When Morpheus/Stancato left I thought the same thing. These are just cogs in the wheel.

At least we aren’t Auburn…there is chatter that Harsin is gone in the AM.

I also know that we may soon be in Auburns position if this year doesn’t go well.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
This stuff will happen every year with good quality people. When Morpheus/Stancato left I thought the same thing. These are just cogs in the wheel.

At least we aren’t Auburn…there is chatter that Harsin is gone in the AM.

I also know that we may soon be in Auburns position if this year doesn’t go well.
I would love to be in Auburn's position - being able to fire CGC for cause would alleviate a lot of problems.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
The facts are that CGC will be the head coach, Long will be OC, and Thacker will be DC (we all hope in title only), and the others will be doing their thing. That is the crew that GT is going to battle with next season.
Actually none of these things are facts yet, just expectations. It's a fact they are currently coaches, but what you are claiming is to know for certain the future. Any of them could be fired or hired away to somewhere else, or a myriad of other things could happen between now and then to make what you said not come to fruition.

JacketFan137

Banned
Actually none of these things are facts yet, just expectations. It's a fact they are currently coaches, but what you are claiming is to know for certain the future. Any of them could be fired or hired away to somewhere else, or a myriad of other things could happen between now and then to make what you said not come to fruition.
barring something unforeseen off the field happening collins he’s here next year. i don’t see any scenario where we move on for him for footballing reasons until some point in the back half or end of next season

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
Yall are incorrect in thinking that just because I don't take a steamy, colon cleansing dump on our program that I am happy with the direction that we are going. Im not. It sucks more than a $5 street walker that we have only 9 wins in 3 years with the current head coach, while uga has gotten to where they are nationally. BUT, it's FEBRUARY. The season is 7 months, 2 training camps and a free agent signing period (post spring practice transfer portal) away. Im not gonna get my underwear in a wad up my butt over something I don't have control over.

Yes, we as an athletic program are in serious debt. So I donate what I can and try to add to that total each year. I buy 3 season tix for football and attend several basketball & baseball games each year. I eat in the stadium/arena. What are you individually doing to HELP our athletic program, aside from your oh so clever snide remarks on some message board?

If, with this coaching staff or the next, we win and win consistently, folks on here will complain when the stands are full again and the prices for tix go up.

Just listen to the Zen Master. Go Tech!!!

Good stuff- I will never complain about the stands being too full LOL! That’s what makes it fun.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
So, this is a negative to be sure.

But, UNC being Suddes' next destination could have happened in the best of times and should not be surprising. Sugiura did a story about Suddes and Mack Brown's relationship this past fall.

One snip captured here.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
barring something unforeseen off the field happening collins he’s here next year. i don’t see any scenario where we move on for him for footballing reasons until some point in the back half or end of next season
It should be obvious to everyone that CGC will be here next year to everyone. Cant afford to fire him. He is not going to leave and give up a big payday.
Just hope for the best. This whole thing has been a massive mistake. But I still think he has a chance to pull things out.

honestly if he starts winning I can get behind his goofiness. It just comes across so bad when he has lead Tech to its worst years in generations.
People are going to complain with good reason.

People should stop complaining about people complaining. Hell I am sure someone is going to complain about me complaining about people complaining. Then I will complain about them complaining about me complaining about people complaining. What else are we going to do until football starts back up

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Maybe some of us don't think things are going well, but we also don't see the need to constantly bash our recruits, transfer recruits, and coaching staff. For much of the stuff, none of you have seen them coach one single second at GT. Nor have you seen the new players (HS or transfer) play one single second at GT.

Yet, every-single-thing is yet another reason to bash all of it, including the AD.

The facts are that CGC will be the head coach, Long will be OC, and Thacker will be DC (we all hope in title only), and the others will be doing their thing. That is the crew that GT is going to battle with next season.

The non stop bashing is what gets old.

This whole forum has become useless because of it.
Just one question. When in the past have fans, who didn’t like a coach, or the direction a program was going, NOT bashed recruits, transfers and / or coaching staff?

You’re complaining about something that has gone on for the last 50+ years at Tech whenever we’ve had losing seasons. Frankly this seems mild, given our record, to the bashing that took place with Carson, Rodgers, Lewis, Curry, Ross and Johnson.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Good stuff- I will never complain about the stands being too full LOL! That’s what makes it fun.
Actually in the translation I read the Zen master says, “How do you know?”

Also the part was left out where the horse runs away. There’s another twist in the story.

But I read that 40 years ago.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just one question. When in the past have fans, who didn’t like a coach, or the direction a program was going, NOT bashed recruits, transfers and / or coaching staff?

You’re complaining about something that has gone on for the last 50+ years at Tech whenever we’ve had losing seasons. Frankly this seems mild, given our record, to the bashing that took place with Carson, Rodgers, Lewis, Curry, Ross and Johnson.
True but "back in the day" your discsussions were limited more or less to your circle of friends. Like any decent conversation, after people said what they had to say once or twice they moved on to new talking points.

For whatever reason, when people are venting through a keyboard, apparently some sort of amnesia or perhaps dementia sets in. It would not be hard for me to select a group of posters and find 20 or 30 posts that literally are the same thought or idea repeated ad infinitum. Obviously I am not going to do that but it is possible and I daresay it would not require much effort. As I say, negativity is certainly understandable given recent circumstances. Incessant repetition is not. I am unclear as to why people do this when they don't in conversation. Just my opinion.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
True but "back in the day" your discsussions were limited more or less to your circle of friends. Like any decent conversation, after people said what they had to say once or twice they moved on to new talking points.

For whatever reason, when people are venting through a keyboard, apparently some sort of amnesia or perhaps dementia sets in. It would not be hard for me to select a group of posters and find 20 or 30 posts that literally are the same thought or idea repeated ad infinitum. Obviously I am not going to do that but it is possible and I daresay it would not require much effort. As I say, negativity is certainly understandable given recent circumstances. Incessant repetition is not. I am unclear as to why people do this when they don't in conversation. Just my opinion.
Yeah, in the past it was relegated to a constant harangue in the AJC, chanting insulting things at coaches during games, fans booing, signs posted at athletic department, vandalized cars and threatening phone calls.

Yeah I guess that was better?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

If I came onto this webpage for the first time in three years and saw only positive posters, I would say it had definitely been taken over by a cult.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yeah, in the past it was relegated to a constant harangue in the AJC, chanting insulting things at coaches during games, fans booing, signs posted at athletic department, vandalized cars and threatening phone calls.

Yeah I guess that was better?
Boorish behavior is unacceptable...no matter its form. Again, just an opinion. It is obvious that most disagree with mine on this issue.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Though the optics are very bad and keep up the negativity, this to me is not as big a blow in keeping current GT players as Coleman and Choice. However, for future recruiting and management, it sure doesn't help. But honestly next year's recruiting is going to be dismal without a strong showing (wins) in 2022. I see no reason to replace this position until a decision is made on Collins one way or the other.

JacketFan137

Banned
It should be obvious to everyone that CGC will be here next year to everyone. Cant afford to fire him. He is not going to leave and give up a big payday.
Just hope for the best. This whole thing has been a massive mistake. But I still think he has a chance to pull things out.

honestly if he starts winning I can get behind his goofiness. It just comes across so bad when he has lead Tech to its worst years in generations.
People are going to complain with good reason.

People should stop complaining about people complaining. Hell I am sure someone is going to complain about me complaining about people complaining. Then I will complain about them complaining about me complaining about people complaining. What else are we going to do until football starts back up
i think it just gets old listening to eeyore moaning and crying about everything all day. like if these people act like this IRL i pity the people that put up with them.

i think there’s also a certain smugness about many of them like they are so smart for saying how things are bad like no sh*t sherlock it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to point out how bad things are lol literally everyone is aware

it’s gotten to the point where the vocal ones have basically drawn a line in the sand of anything not throwing a tech pity party and moaning incessantly is blind support of collins and you’re just a collins burner etc. just breeds a really toxic environment here