Suddes

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There's some internet chatter there's NFL interest in Key. We'll see...I expect some more staff changes now that recruiting season is done for the 2022 cycle.

This would be fascinating if he got an NFL offer.

I wonder how coaches evaluate other coaches?

I ask this because I am currently a teacher. The students I teach in HS who have the skillset and drive to do well score well in all the various and sundry tests that we use to measure students and their academic growth. Those with low ability and motivation don't. Even wit the same teacher...imagine that.

My peers who i worked with in the engineering and business world ask if I am a good teacher or not. I say the answer is dependent on the student themselves. You cannot make a silk purse out of a sow's ear as they say.

I always thought CBK was a great coach because he was hired and retained by CNS over several years. If he does move up this will only confirm my belief.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer

Suddes’s thinking may be that CGC is likely gone after next season, and if the opportunity is there elsewhere, he might as well make the jump now.

Was thinking the exact same things. While I appreciate the lack of Waffle House and 404 Takeover Twitter posts and am hoping that means Collins is working his hardest to get the ship righted, losing Choice, Coleman and Suddes seems like there isn't a whole lot of confidence from those who have real skin in the game, i.e. Tech grads and Collins' best buddy. Seems like this was truly a failed experiment and even those on the inside know it. I hope Long shows a great offense next year and could be able to take over if Collins is let go.

Sad what the state of our program is right now. Stansbury just got totally played and that could've killed our program for 10 years. Sad. :(

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Or Suddes might have just gotten a huge raise and more resources. Not all jobs are worth the big payday, but most are.
Last year
Mack brown UNC won 1 more acc game that collins at gt
Unc gave him nice raise to $5 million and extend contract 1 year thru 26.

Hmm??
donate and buy tickets mill per year.
Unc 46 Gt 21. So they pull ahead at 25 mill per year.

Glad collins found Suddes

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
By the way last fall my gtaa contact got a better job.
New guy will learn fast.

No big deal - we only need to coach up in 22.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Frankly this feels like the biggest blow from a PR perspective to date.
A big deal was made about how close he is to Collins and his role at Auburn when he came here.
It feels like the program crashed through the guard rails recently. This is essentially the same job! If Suddes had gone to uga it would feel better than this.

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I know it’s kind of a blow to the ego with Suddes leaving but what did he do that was so great/impactful? Not trying to be a wise-guy just really never read much about what he did or did well.

yellajacket20

Georgia Tech Fan
It definitely feels like things have started to death spiral. I can understand all of the players that transferred and even the coaches that have moved on to bigger programs. But Suddes has been THE guy that has created excitement for the fan base with the bees and the gifs for commitments.

At this point, it feels like next year is just a throw away season. However, if it does wind up that way, at least we will all know if GT is actually interested in competing in CFB by ponying up for a legitimate coaching staff.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Was thinking the exact same things. While I appreciate the lack of Waffle House and 404 Takeover Twitter posts and am hoping that means Collins is working his hardest to get the ship righted, losing Choice, Coleman and Suddes seems like there isn't a whole lot of confidence from those who have real skin in the game, i.e. Tech grads and Collins' best buddy. Seems like this was truly a failed experiment and even those on the inside know it. I hope Long shows a great offense next year and could be able to take over if Collins is let go.

Sad what the state of our program is right now. Stansbury just got totally played and that could've killed our program for 10 years. Sad. :(

Did you consult the Sri Sai Baba Astrology Centre to get this info?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Tech has a general manager, like 90% of programs, and is in charge of recruiting. "Techs 2022 recruiting class sucks" the GM in charge leaves to become assistant AD at a flagship state university "The program is done!"

Tech pays its assistants peanuts so a few leave for bigger programs and higher pay "The program is done!"

Players from a 3-9 team leave for CFP level teams "The program is done!"

Need new material guys. Its getting dull to read.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
I know it’s kind of a blow to the ego with Suddes leaving but what did he do that was so great/impactful? Not trying to be a wise-guy just really never read much about what he did or did well.
It’s the unwinding that matters. Suddes was part of the sales pitch - roster management, elite recruiting etc…. It’s all hit the rocks because the on the field product stinks. Now more pieces of the “secret sauce” are leaving for greener pastures. Good for them (can’t blame them) but it’s bad for us - both in reality and perception. When you’ve been doing it with smoke and mirrors as CGC has as a HC that’s a bad thing.