State of program

He was a world beater. You’re just too young to remember. Friedgen was an offensive genius who could fit his offense to whatever talent was available.

CPJ isn’t in the same class as either of those coaches.
He definitely isn't in Fridge's class as far as a dynamic offense. Fridge was hard to prepare for. You didn't what kind of packages be was going to use. He might option you to death or sling all over the field. That offense was fun to watch.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I realize that CTR should be criticized but maybe it’s just that the D can’t get a good look from the scout team because the offense that we run.. if that is the case, do you think any capable D coordinator would want this job? He is setting himself up for failure..

With that said, I got a feeling that our D will always have this same problem unless we decide to make a total change at the top. In other words, we need our O to carry the team.

You realize they have seen this offense for 11 weeks now

Friedgen did fairly well at his Alma Mater, yet they still canned him. They have been great ever since... [emoji41]
Some coaches are great coordinators and some are better HC's. We a guy stuck in the middle. He likes to cast blame and credit, but sluff's off his own short comings. Fridge wasn't a great HC, but he was a great OC.

Unk T

Georgia Tech Fan
Been thinking about this more this morning. This goes off of the other thread on the tweet from Clinton Lynch.
First and foremost, fans should continue to support the team through the bad seasons and show up. Last year as an example when UGA was down, they were still selling out games..
Fan support is a big bonus for recruitment.
Next I do think budget and coaching adjustments are in order. We have had 4 DC's under CPJ is a 5th really going to fix the issue?

Right now I think CPJ is in a tough spot, there are things that are just out of his control with the school, however there are things with the team and coaching he can fix. If he can't then thats where we need to discuss his future.

The tweet was NOT from Clinton Lynch

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
The tweet was NOT from Clinton Lynch
Even if it isn't , still speaks volumes. We barely sell out the stadium on normal games and worse when we aren't doing well. Where as other schools can even when they are down. Doesn't look good for the team moral or future recruits

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Even if it isn't , still speaks volumes. We barely sell out the stadium on normal games and worse when we aren't doing well. Where as other schools can even when they are down. Doesn't look good for the team moral or future recruits

Personally Id like to see fan support upon putting two good seasons back to back. Unfortunately this has not happened under Paul Johnson.

You cant expect GT alumns plus sidewalk ATL people to come to games when the product goes 11-2, then 3-9, then 9-4 then 5-6. Go back to 2009 and look at the crap 2010 season.

Failure to capitalize on success is the issue with attendance. Yall can sit here and blame the fans, but you are just deflecting and burying your heads in the sand. GT has a small student populace and alumni for that matter. We are in Atlanta. Start putting some 8-9 wins seasons together consectively and quit losing to MTSU, Duke, Kansas and other mindnumbingly bad losses who GT has no business losing and I bet attendance will go up.

No sidewalk fan or anything is going to spend the time and effort and money to watch a 5 win football team. Especially when GTs own students and alumni wont.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Personally Id like to see fan support upon putting two good seasons back to back. Unfortunately this has not happened under Paul Johnson.

You cant expect GT alumns plus sidewalk ATL people to come to games when the product goes 11-2, then 3-9, then 9-4 then 5-6. Go back to 2009 and look at the crap 2010 season.

Failure to capitalize on success is the issue with attendance. Yall can sit here and blame the fans, but you are just deflecting and burying your heads in the sand. GT has a small student populace and alumni for that matter. We are in Atlanta. Start putting some 8-9 wins seasons together consectively and quit losing to MTSU, Duke, Kansas and other mindnumbingly bad losses who GT has no business losing and I bet attendance will go up.

No sidewalk fan or anything is going to spend the time and effort and money to watch a 5 win football team. Especially when GTs own students and alumni wont.
Mediocre fans = mediocre teams

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Mediocre fans = mediocre teams

Miami has the worst fanbase ever. But they are doing pretty good this year and their attendance is through the roof.

Also, butts in seats is better than no butts in the seats. Yall cant sit here and complain about attendance and in the same breath judge the very fans that you need in those seats.

This fanbase has more "we are so high and mighty and above everyone else" I have ever seen. Its freaking annoying.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
Miami has the worst fanbase ever. But they are doing pretty good this year and their attendance is through the roof.

Also, butts in seats is better than no butts in the seats. Yall cant sit here and complain about attendance and in the same breath judge the very fans that you need in those seats.

This fanbase has more "we are so high and mighty and above everyone else" I have ever seen. Its freaking annoying.
Interesting that you say "butts in seats is better than no butts in seats", and basically say our fan base sucks, after saying that you weren't even going to watch the UGAg game. Which is it?

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He needs to evaluate his staff. It has been relatively stable but results are not indicating improvement. I wish PJ was a better recruiter but it' not his thing. His team motivator is Dereck Moore. He doesn't seem to want to be too involved with the defense either.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He will be if no bowl and a bad loss to UGA. Next year will be big for him. Unless our line play improves and TM starts passing better, we will see more of the same.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow
Well that shows you know nothing about the 01 season. But then again you were still playing with Barbie dolls

Tell me then, what do you know about the 01 season? Were you a player on the 01 team, manager, support staff? Were you a student at Tech in 01. Please, tell me where you get your knowledge & how GT was affected more by 9/11 than other schools?? I would like to know.