State of program

Eli

Helluva Engineer
You have no clue what your talking about. Tech destroyed Navy 70-7 the week before 9-11. FSU was next. I’m not saying they would have beat FSU. But that team was rolling. Game was rescheduled until the end of the year. Tech has 2 weeks off. Those kids did not want to be in Atlanta. No one knew what was going to happen it was nervous times in a big city. But you were 8-9 years old.
Comparing Irma to 9-11 is moronic

So no other team in the country had to deal with 9/11 Just Tech. Got it. Sounds pretty moronic

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Skeptic and whisky- is this a one off?
Or
Do you agree trending is down?

What specific changes would you guys support? Any?

Changes I'd like to see and will support...

A fanbase that doesn't have a mental breakdown after every loss.
A fanbase that isn't delusional enough to think they are better evaluaters of talent than actual real life football coaches.
A fanbase that can recognize when a DE fails to set the edge, a DB that allows a WR to cross his face to get open despite good positioning initially, a LB that misses a fit, a defender that takes a bad angle, and not misconstrue same as a terrible play call.
A fanbase that doesn't think there is a play call answer to negate any and everything our opponents do successfully against us.
A fanbase that, despite knowing absolutely nothing about how practices are conducted, claim certain position coaches suck and should be fired after every loss.

Wow....that felt good. Thanks for asking.

As to changes in the program. The obvious changes would be a nice start. Increase staffing and spending, especially with regards to recruiting. Increase coaching salaries to competitive levels. If you want a top 20 program provide top 20 funding for the program. Money talks and bull**** walks.
Give CPJ the funds to staff at a level equal to top programs. If the results don't follow I'll be more open to coaching changes.

jacob

Banned

A fanbase that isn't delusional enough to think they are better evaluaters of talent than actual real life football coaches.
A fanbase that can recognize when a DE fails to set the edge, a DB that allows a WR to cross his face to get open despite good positioning initially, a LB that misses a fit, a defender that takes a bad angle, and not misconstrue same as a terrible play call.
A fanbase that doesn't think there is a play call answer to negate any and everything our opponents do successfully against us.
A fanbase that, despite knowing absolutely nothing about how practices are conducted, claim certain position coaches suck and should be fired after every loss.

As to changes in the program. The obvious changes would be a nice start. Increase staffing and spending, especially with regards to recruiting. Increase coaching salaries to competitive levels. If you want a top 20 program provide top 20 funding for the program. Money talks and bull**** walks.
Give CPJ the funds to staff at a level equal to top programs. If the results don't follow I'll be more open to coaching changes.
Every fan base has mental breakdowns after only winning 5 games

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

THIS!

To be such a smart school it has had some idiots for AD’s. That’s what got the athletics programs as a whole in trouble. So it sounds to me like some alumni need to hold some folks feet to the fire. Oh that’s right 90% of Tech grads would just as soon piss in the stands than sit in em. See sidewalk fans enjoy the sports and like to see the academics proclaimed. Some posters in here would rather flash the academics and if that is the way it is drop down some leagues and be competitive. Gonna be hard to get fans in the stands when 90% grads don’t attend and the administration chooses not to care whether sports are played or not. Alumni it’s up to you I’m a sidewalk fan that spends money on Tech games and merchandise, but you guys hold the key to the car, I’m jst along for the ride. Blowouts and all I can change a tire.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Do you honestly think that Duke has a bigger football budget than us. If so then their BB program is subsidizing FB. They sure were a lot better than us today. I don' t think we can use academics as much of an argument for this one. Too bad we don' t offer sociology like they do. It might help. Today was embarrassing.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if we could tempt Spurrier to help develop a passing game?

I am happy with top 40 and a frequent run at top 20. I just want to be assured we can beat DUKE!
I asked a specific question - do you think we are declining? Next year will we best Duke? Please assure me our,program can do that?
You change subject to top 20 , etc

I will summarize - you think we lost to Duke because of and solely due to the our coaches are paid less than Duke's staff? We are pitiful.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
When he tries to hire a DC and is told he doesn't have enough money to do so, that's not his fault.

Tend to agree. That is, in great part, the fault of all of us. I am not buying anymore season tix. The way the program has been, much of it purposely, run down tickets can be bought so cheaply aftermarket. I will just take money saved on tickets and add to A-T contribution.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Recruiting the best it’s ever been under CPJ. Season tickets sold out. New Uniforms, New Lockerroom in 2018.

Season tix sold out thanks to inclusion of ut game requirement & ugag on schedule.

Recruiting best it ever has been under CPJ? In year 10 that is somewhat of an indictment.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I am happy with top 40 and a frequent run at top 20. I just want to be assured we can beat DUKE!
I asked a specific question - do you think we are declining? Next year will we best Duke? Please assure me our,program can do that?
You change subject to top 20 , etc

I will summarize - you think we lost to Duke because of and solely due to the our coaches are paid less than Duke's staff? We are pitiful.

So you choose to define next year on the Duke game alone...?

Our talent and depth are improving at the line of scrimmage. True despite our win loss record. Are we great? No. Are we terrible? Today yes but not for the season.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
EVERY FAN BASE HAS MENTAL BREAKDOWNS. I don't care if you buy it or not

So because the kid next door acts like a stupid brat you will allow your kid to behave the same?

I thought Tech folks were supposed to be superior to their rivals in every way. :cigar: