State of program

Deltajacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Everybody wants to dump on Roof and the D. They are not the big problem. Our offense this year is BAD. Go look how many second half points we have scored, especially in our losses. Look at the absolutely horrible field position they keep dumping on our D. Roof and the D aren't amazing but they are much improved. This year it's the O and Special Teams that are failing the team.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
As many or more before him. You're forgetting Boddy Dodd.

Also go look at the ACC in the 90s. We have been left behind schools spending way more money than us. 13th in the ACC and you guys think we can sprinkle magic fairy dust and get 5 stars and have 10 win seasons. I hate to be this rude but some of you guys really are stupid. There is no other way to put it

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Everybody wants to dump on Roof and the D. They are not the big problem. Our offense this year is BAD. Go look how many second half points we have scored, especially in our losses. Look at the absolutely horrible field position they keep dumping on our D. Roof and the D aren't amazing but they are much improved. This year it's the O and Special Teams that are failing the team.
Agree minus today

pbrown520

Ramblin' Wreck

This game is pretty solidly on all phases, but the defense was terrible. They didn't get short fields - they had the ball rammed down their throats.

GTHOSCHTON

Jolly Good Fellow
we are what are record says we are a 500 team and not a bowl team a poorly coached defensive, and special teams....not what you would expect with a coach who has been here ten years....

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I must admit I find today's gam inexcusable. I suspect that is the frustration you see from some fans in this thread, and I think it is perfectly understandable.

Duke came into this game
  1. having averaged 12.1 points per game in their last 6 games...we yielded 43
  2. having lost 6 in a row....they beat us
  3. having a season high of 41 points against a Power 5 team...see #1
  4. halftime adjustments seemed non existent for GT...Duke won the 2nd half 23-0!!
Frankly, telling me not to worry, that we are the #40 team in the country is very unconvincing right now...because whatever Duke is, we are worse than them (see:scoreboard)...and we are worse than Virginia (they are going bowling plus see: scoreboard).

That was a performance worthy of firing....someone! Just mho. If that makes me a troll, so be it. I cannot accept GT being a worse program than Duke and Virginia in football. And right now, I think we demonstrably are worse than both. Not by much, but it's real.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Personally, I must admit I find today's gam inexcusable. I suspect that is the frustration you see from some fans in this thread, and I think it is perfectly understandable.

Duke came into this game
  1. having averaged 12.1 points per game in their last 6 games...we yielded 43
  2. having lost 6 in a row....they beat us
  3. having a season high of 41 points against a Power 5 team...see #1
  4. halftime adjustments seemed non existent for GT...Duke won the 2nd half 23-0!!
Frankly, telling me not to worry, that we are the #40 team in the country is very unconvincing right now...because whatever Duke is, we are worse than them (see:scoreboard)...and we are worse than Virginia (they are going bowling plus see: scoreboard).

That was a performance worthy of firing....someone! Just mho. If that makes me a troll, so be it. I cannot accept GT being a worse program than Duke and Virginia in football. And right now, I think we demonstrably are worse than both. Not by much, but it's real.

Do you have season tickets?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Also go look at the ACC in the 90s. We have been left behind schools spending way more money than us. 13th in the ACC and you guys think we can sprinkle magic fairy dust and get 5 stars and have 10 win seasons. I hate to be this rude but some of you guys really are stupid. There is no other way to put it
I am surprised that our spending on football alone is below the likes of Duke and Virginia. Not sure I believe it, tbh. Overall AA, perhaps. But they put a lot more money into other sports than GT does.

While I completely agree that GT has serious systemic problems, including money, academic restrictions, curriculum limitations, etc....I simply don't believe that we should be satisfied or proud of being worse than Duke and Virginia in football. We're not arguing in this thread about competing with Clemson and UGa...we're arguing about giving up 40 to Virginia and 43 to Duke and having a losing season.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
I am surprised that our spending on football alone is below the likes of Duke and Virginia. Not sure I believe it, tbh. Overall AA, perhaps. But they put a lot more money into other sports than GT does.

While I completely agree that GT has serious systemic problems, including money, academic restrictions, curriculum limitations, etc....I simply don't believe that we should be satisfied or proud of being worse than Duke and Virginia in football. We're not arguing in this thread about competing with Clemson and UGa...we're arguing about giving up 40 to Virginia and 43 to Duke and having a losing season.

Fire Paul hire another coach keep everything the same and you guys will want a new coach in 3 years