Starting QB speculation

Which QB will take the first snap for GT in Tallahassee?

• Graham

Votes: 87 26.9%
  • Yates

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • Gleason

Votes: 66 20.4%
  • Sims

Votes: 91 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It would not surprise me in the least if it's Sims. It's no secret he's got elite physical tools...and the most physically gifted QB on the roster. If anything, getting Sims as many reps as possible this season sets us up better in future years...it definitely gives them a good preview of his abilities, freshmen or not, and whether he'll be the QB for our program with Chayden Peery on the way next year. You sacrifice some bad moments so it pays off in the future. Lot of similarities to Joe Hamilton in that way...everyone remembers the 2 Heisman level years, but everyone forgets our own fans booing him and wanting him to get benched his first season. That first season led to the growth that turned him into a Heisman finalist.

If it is Sims, there will be ugly moments. The hope is that he learns from them, doesn't repeat them, and the experience pays off down the road as the top 25 recruiting classes mature and he's an experienced 3rd and 4th year QB leading a roster full of former 4+ star recruits.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck

What pops out for me about Sims is rocket launcher for an arm. He flings the rock out with speed and velocity. Surround him with speed and let’s test their secondary.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
If it's a freshman then it tells me three things.
1. Collins is willing to go through another development season without worrying about number of wins
2. I expect to see a few interceptions thrown by a young QB trying to make plays thrown into coverage. Hope I am wrong on this one.
3. At least one and probably 2 of the 4 QB's will not be at that position next year. With this year not counting toward eligibility there are a lot of years left for these young guys. New positions or transfer.

1. Collins is willing to go through another development season without worrying about number of wins
2. I expect to see a few interceptions thrown by a young QB trying to make plays thrown into coverage. Hope I am wrong on this one.
3. At least one and probably 2 of the 4 QB's will not be at that position next year. With this year not counting toward eligibility there are a lot of years left for these young guys. New positions or transfer.
I have no idea if he is of the same caliber, but Mike Kelly started as a freshman, and Deshawn Watson did at Clemson, and neither of them had "development" seasons.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

1. Not sure how you reach that conclusion. The only QB we have with experience is Graham and it isn't that hard to believe that a QB that was recruited for this system could give us a better chance this year than he would.
2. That's true no matter who is the QB. They are all young.
3. Again, probably true no matter who wins.

Sims would be a good move. If we keep the Oline intact it should be good this year and with a stable of really good backs he can be eased into the offense. If he is asked to throw a lot it nay be a long year.

Jacoooooob

Jolly Good Fellow
If were being honest. every QB will probably start this year, even though Tech is doing a good job with COVID regulations, it doesn't mean our opponents are, I genuinely believe all 4 will start at some point.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I don't know about that. I enjoy Pac-12 after dark since there is nothing else on and it gives me an excuse to have 1 more drink and place 1 more bet.
Yeah, it is nice having more football after putting the kids to bed. Usually I can only catch the second half of the 8pm game. Pac 12 gave me several later options.