Starting QB speculation

Which QB will take the first snap for GT in Tallahassee?

• Graham

Votes: 87 26.9%
  • Yates

Votes: 79 24.5%
  • Gleason

Votes: 66 20.4%
  • Sims

Votes: 91 28.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Gleason gets the start imo.

As for the “package” it’s not a guarantee that guy will play. They are speaking of a package as in a package of plays that the QB can run that may be different than the starter, not an actual package as in a different system.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Since we are discussing QB heights, has anyone mentioned that JG is only listed as 1" taller than Yates on the roster. I can see 3-4 inches making a difference, but only 1 inch doesn't strike me as a real differentiator.

People seem to think Graham's 6'1 is legit but that Yates is actually 5'10. Never seen them shoulder to shoulder, myself.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
People seem to think Graham's 6'1 is legit but that Yates is actually 5'10. Never seen them shoulder to shoulder, myself.
Sims and Gleason are both listed as 6'3, but according to this picture, that's obviously not the case. Make of it what you will.
IMG_0ABBF4E84E89-1.jpeg

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Sims looks to be a couple inches taller than Gleason, and looks like he could rest his chin on Yates' head pretty easily. None of that predicts ability, just discussing their actual listed heights.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Love the retro 90's nostalgia from kids born in the 2000s! Yates' clean polo with ripped jeans is a good look, too.

Unbuttoned flannel with a tee look also retro 90's look. In terms of how their careers will play out, we'll see over the next few year...but the QBs definitely know their fashion.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think too much is being made of the differences in height. While there might be a clear advantage in being taller, that is not going to be the determinant of who starts the game on Saturday. Yates quarterbacked (verb form of quarterback) his team to the state championship and was POY in the largest classification in Georgia. This young man has never been taller than he is now and has done pretty well on the football field. He can play.

Yates looks like he gets his wardrobe advice from Josh Pastner.

GT_EE78

Banned
Sims looks to be a couple inches taller than Gleason, and looks like he could rest his chin on Yates' head pretty easily. None of that predicts ability, just discussing their actual listed heights.
I think height is closer.
Compare by only looking at the hairline,maybe 1 inch?
consider that Gleason appears standing with a bit of a slouch.Sims stands straighter
Who is the guy on the left,Pastner??

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think all 4 can play. I expect all 4 to play this year. I will be happy with whoever wins the job and hope that the other 3 continue to push the starter. I hope that Chayden Perry comes in next year and challenges the whole group and the MJ Morris does that for the 2022 class. As long as we're bringing in smart, capable, athletic QB's who can get the job done, we're going to continue to be successful. A successful QB/Offense will attract the OL that CBK wants to bring in. Success will breed success.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I think height is closer.
Compare by only looking at the hairline,maybe 1 inch?
consider that Gleason appears standing with a bit of a slouch.Sims stands straighter
Who is the guy on the left,Pastner??
Lmao. Tbh I kind of thought he looked like Pastner as well when I first saw the picture. That’s Yates :ROFLMAO:

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow
My takeaway is that there are only 3 there and no Graham.
To be fair when was that picture taken? Graham got to campus late because he was at home, quarantining maybe? He may have just missed out on the photo depending on when it was taken.

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
To be fair when was that picture taken? Graham got to campus late because he was at home, quarantining maybe? He may have just missed out on the photo depending on when it was taken.
That's another reason I asked about where that photo came from. If it was from them arriving back on campus, it makes sense that Graham isn't with them. If it's more recent, it's sort of odd that he isn't. The pants and shirts would make me think it's more recent but who knows nowadays.

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
That's another reason I asked about where that photo came from. If it was from them arriving back on campus, it makes sense that Graham isn't with them. If it's more recent, it's sort of odd that he isn't. The pants and shirts would make me think it's more recent but who knows nowadays.
Players started posting pictures from this event (whatever it was) about a week ago.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
didn't wanna start a new thread but this was at a linked article from there and FUNNY (mods-feel free to move if you know a better spot)
View attachment 8951
In the picture above you see legendary Crimson Tide coach Paul “Bear” Bryant wearing an Alabama helmet. Where is his traditional houndstooth hat? Is this some forgotten coaching history? No – he is literally dressed in his professional coaching attire. He just has a helmet on. Why? Due to Tech’s hatred of Alabama and the Bear, it was unsafe to walk by the fans without a helmet. Two years earlier, he dodged bottles of alcohol. In 1964, Bryant took precautions – thus, the helmet. This was the last meeting between Georgia Tech and Alabama as conference mates.
Actually, 1964, would've been the first OOC meeting.