Starting lineup

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Didn't know about Cottrel's hamstring problem.

I agree that I haven't seen anything from Francis in a game. What I saw was the same problem as T J Barnes. As soon as the ball is snapped he comes up out of his stance and makes himself an easy target to get under. But the thing is, the coaches, including Pelton, said some good things about him in spring camp. Cerg-Henderson played ahead of him last year although he was a true freshman, IIRC. I think Kallon must have found something or he wouldn't be listed as a starter.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Kallon's 1st string status may be nothing more than a tip-of-the-hat to his seniority that should get him at least the first series against BC. After that, the DL may take on a different look.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I agree that we may bias toward experience but I don't think he would start just to acknowledge his seniority.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Didn't know about Cottrel's hamstring problem.

I agree that I haven't seen anything from Francis in a game. What I saw was the same problem as T J Barnes. As soon as the ball is snapped he comes up out of his stance and makes himself an easy target to get under. But the thing is, the coaches, including Pelton, said some good things about him in spring camp. Cerg-Henderson played ahead of him last year although he was a true freshman, IIRC. I think Kallon must have found something or he wouldn't be listed as a starter.

FWIW, TJ Barnes ended up as a darn serviceable DT before it was all said and done. It's entirely possible Kallon puts it together this year.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't get all the hype on Cottrel. He has not even played a down yet. If we were smart we would give him the year off to completely rehab his ACL. It looks like he is fighting to get into the top 6 which means he is not going to play that much any way. Let the kid grow up and get healed up.

Go Jackets!

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
interesting slant to it. maybe you're right. If JJ and Lynch and Searcy aren't ready to take the next step, we may be in trouble anyway. Could be he plays more later in year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I don't get all the hype on Cottrel. He has not even played a down yet. If we were smart we would give him the year off to completely rehab his ACL. It looks like he is fighting to get into the top 6 which means he is not going to play that much any way. Let the kid grow up and get healed up.

Go Jackets!
Agree if he s not 100%.
Watching him on bench in 15 = kid is stout head to toe. .
If ready later in year we could use him late in game when coach has play calling figured out. He could go in on a set play call that he has practiced. Get him some action this year. Just being idle is a confidence killer.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
Not to ruffle anyone's feathers, but just for fun, I looked at all the guys that would be sophomores, juniors and seniors that left the program or got hurt...

Offense:
Chris Griffin
Chase Roberts
Custis
Leggett
A Autry
M Autry
D Wilson
Summers

Defense
Akins
Robbins
Commissiong
Preddy

4 D linemen, 2 O linemen, and a lot of talented skill position guys.

Every program has attrition, and it is what it is, but I'd love to have some of these guys on the 2 deep this fall.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Not to ruffle anyone's feathers, but just for fun, I looked at all the guys that would be sophomores, juniors and seniors that left the program or got hurt...

Offense:
Chris Griffin
Chase Roberts
Custis
Leggett
A Autry
M Autry
D Wilson
Summers

Defense
Akins
Robbins
Commissiong
Preddy

Every program has attrition, and it is what it is, but I'd love to have some of these guys on the 2 deep this fall.
One of those Autrys never enrolled and was never in the program. And is still not in any program.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer

Offense:
Chris Griffin
Chase Roberts
Custis
Leggett
A Autry
M Autry
D Wilson
Summers

Defense
Akins
Robbins
Commissiong
Preddy

Commissiong was a pre-signing day casualty, IIRC. You left out Gary Brown. Was Preddy a DL or OL recruit.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't forget about Dennis Andrews who is now playing his final year at Middle Tennessee State. Also Comissiong was with us for a full redshirt year before he left the team I believe. I think he transferred to East Carolina.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Preddy was listed as a DE on rivals, but I think he was actually an OL for us.

Seems like a less wistful version of the tournament ESPN played one-and-dones...which as long as we're dreaming of 'imagination christmas', what ghost of tech past would you most like to see in the current flexbone? My vote is for Tony Hollings at AB, running the r-toss and counter.