Stansbury

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
A 7 year contract to anyone is ridiculous & especially the buyout. Pastner had a good year last year but no reason give him an extension when you look at his full body of work either

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Not sure how Stansbury can say he "has his man" after the last three seasons and the last two weeks. Comical. Needs to say something much stronger than that or we're going to sell 10,000 season tickets next year.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Something I (selfishly) didn't realize is that there are kids who are at Tech who are living with 3-9 for the last three years. There's going to be a big drop off in fans from these graduating classes for a team that already struggles to attract fans. Many years down the road that's going to hit the AA. I didn't come into Tech a football fan of any sort as we were motorsport people in my house, and if my first three years were this there's no way I would have cared when I got out.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
He got us in this mess with the 7 year contract. He's got to see that the fans have turned against him just like they have against Collins. Volleyball, tennis and softball success is great, but football is the front door to the university and that's where his decisions are really in the limelight and under the microscope.

JPaul

Georgia Tech Fan
The whole situation sucks. More than 50 years of donations and season tickets and I haven’t felt we were playing competitive ball more than 20% of the time in all those years. Our donations don’t move the needle so what we think about the situation doesn’t matter. I went to a high school football game the other night with my son and enjoyed it as much or more than most of the GT games this year and we were at every home games plus ND last week in South Bend but not today. I’m going to take my wife out for a nice dinner with the 300 bucks I got for the tickets. It was the first time ever that I’ve sold them…. The UGA fans that bought them overpaid.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Something I (selfishly) didn't realize is that there are kids who are at Tech who are living with 3-9 for the last three years. There's going to be a big drop off in fans from these graduating classes for a team that already struggles to attract fans. Many years down the road that's going to hit the AA. I didn't come into Tech a football fan of any sort as we were motorsport people in my house, and if my first three years were this there's no way I would have cared when I got out.
Nope. Didn't happen with kids from '85-'88, didn't happen from '79-'81, didn't happen from '93-'96. Won't happen now.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
A 7 year contract to anyone is ridiculous & especially the buyout. Pastner had a good year last year but no reason give him an extension when you look at his full body of work either
yep, Pastner didn't get a recruit in the early period and his too best players BY FAR are gone after this yr.I'm very interested to see what happens then. Go 50% in the league this yr maybe and win 4 games next.? hmmm

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
You realize someone was going to have to transition from the 3O to a different style and it's not Collins' fault that CPJ is no longer here? Or you just don't care because you're still butthurt about CPJ?
Forget about CPJ. Transition talk is pathetic at this point. I’ll give you year one being bad, but it doesn’t take three years to transition from any one scheme to any one other scheme.

For those claiming the offense had been ok, check these end of season offensive rankings out.

96th in scoring offense per game
92nd in total offense per game
100th in 3rd down conversion %
96th in 4th down conversion %
98th in red zone conversion % (122nd in RZ TD %)
99th in first downs per game

That is likely one of the worst offensive teams GT has ever fielded. The ONLY thing we had was Gibbs ability to spring a big play.

I guarantee you that there are OCs that could have walked in and produced a better product in year two than we fielded in year three. Just watch how monumental the offensive transition will look if we get a qualified OC in here next year.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
yep, Pastner didn't get a recruit in the early period and his too best players BY FAR are gone after this yr.I'm very interested to see what happens then. Go 50% in the league this yr maybe and win 4 games next.? hmmm
Good lord man, he just brought in a top 25 class with 2 4-stars with the third player being a top 150 guy. We are a relatively young team outside of the 4 seniors (2 of which are Covid seniors) and Pastner has repeatedly proven that he can develop players. There is also this thing called the transfer portal where he can go to fill in gaps in the roster next year.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Good lord man, he just brought in a top 25 class with 2 4-stars with the third player being a top 150 guy. We are a relatively young team outside of the 4 seniors (2 of which are Covid seniors) and Pastner has repeatedly proven that he can develop players. There is also this thing called the transfer portal where he can go to fill in gaps in the roster next year.
Every game I watch yesterday afternoon and night had True Freshman contributing all over the place. We’re the only school that needs 4 years to develop a player, but when you look at those that have 4 years under their belt you gotta wonder what kind of coaching are they getting. It looks like a duck.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Every game I watch yesterday afternoon and night had True Freshman contributing all over the place. We’re the only school that needs 4 years to develop a player, but when you look at those that have 4 years under their belt you gotta wonder what kind of coaching are they getting. It looks like a duck.
The poster that I responded to was talking about basketball.