Stansbury

Matt E

GT Athlete
Stansbury needs to decide what he's gonna do. Gotta pony up the big money

Look, I'm angry about the loss as well, but unless we lose out from here, PJ isn't getting canned. I'm sure in 2014 after we lost to Duke and NC back to back there was plenty of gnashing of teeth and calling for folks to be fired. A lot can happen the rest of the year, both good and bad

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Dude chill out. Not gonna happen. We are never going to be a Clemson. Even with a better coach we are not going to get the recruits just the nature of GT .

The first thing is GT fans need to “pony up” some more money.

Hard to believe people supposedly as smart as GT people can not figure out a way to save an extra 5 or 10 per month and donate it to the cause.
That's the problem. Most Tech fans don't give a cent, and Tech sadly and inexplicably does very little to encourage or motivate them to give. I don't give nearly as much as I would like to, but I do give what I can afford.

MountPGT1990

Banned
Dude chill out. Not gonna happen. We are never going to be a Clemson. Even with a better coach we are not going to get the recruits just the nature of GT .

We can’t be Haravard Sun- Friday and expect to be Alabama on Saturdays. Truer words never spoken, and once you realize that, then your expectations will be come more realistic as a GT fan.

As I said yesterday we don’t play by the same rules as the factory schools. We will never be an elite program due to academic requirements and a very limited budget for staff and facilities. We might have a special season once or twice a decade, but other than that we are basically a 7 win team each year that goes to mid level bowl games

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
We can’t be Haravard Sun- Friday and expect to be Alabama on Saturdays. Truer words never spoken, and once you realize that, then your expectations will be come more realistic as a GT fan.

As I said yesterday we don’t play by the same rules as the factory schools. We will never be an elite program due to academic requirements and a very limited budget for staff and facilities. We might have a special season once or twice a decade, but other than that we are basically a 7 win team each year that goes to mid level bowl games
Totally agree

We can’t be Haravard Sun- Friday and expec to be Alabama on Saturdays. Truer words never spoken.

As I said yesterday we don’t play be the same rules as the factory schools. We will never be an elite program due to academic requirements and a very limited budget for staff and facilities. We might have a special season once or twice a decade other than that we are 7 year a win team that goes to mid level bowl games
I totally disagree with that. We will obviously never be a "factory," and we will not have the consistent success that an Alabama or a (currently) Clemson do. But even with the terrible loss today, I think it is safe to say that overall, we are as good a team as Miami is, and I think the same about every other team in the ACC too, other than (currently) Clemson. And the fact that we have beat the mutts 2 out of the past 3 years and have been competitive (CLOSE games) in all but about 3 games in the past 20 years, I would say we CAN keep up with them too. I frankly see no reason why we can't win an average of 9 games a year. with an occasional GREAT year. Johnson's offense gives us that chance, in spite of how we played in the second half today; Roof's defense, in spite of some improvement this year, does not. That's just my 2 cents worth.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
I totally disagree with that. We will obviously never be a "factory," and we will not have the consistent success that an Alabama or a (currently) Clemson do. But even with the terrible loss today, I think it is safe to say that overall, we are as good a team as Miami is, and I think the same about every other team in the ACC too, other than (currently) Clemson. And the fact that we have beat the mutts 2 out of the past 3 years and have been competitive (CLOSE games) in all but about 3 games in the past 20 years, I would say we CAN keep up with them too. I frankly see no reason why we can't win an average of 9 games a year. with an occasional GREAT year. Johnson's offense gives us that chance, in spite of how we played in the second half today; Roof's defense, in spite of some improvement this year, does not. That's just my 2 cents worth.

Boom! If you don't have this mindset, you are part of the problem. There's a losing mentality around our program. These are the same people who said we couldn't do any better than Gailey. It's sad.

Boom! If you don't have this mindset, you are part of the problem. There's a losing mentality around our program. These are the same people who said we couldn't do any better than Gailey. It's sad.
Dave Braine-dead said it was unreasonable for us to expect to win 9 or more games a year. I said then, and I say now B S !!!

Jmonty71

Banned
It's all in the mindset. TStan has the job of changing a mediocre culture. Have we really just expected mediocre teams? Do we expect mediocre effort? If so, we should be paying the coaches a mediocre pay. When you are paying a DC 750K a year, I would expect more than mediocre. If the fans are ok with mediocrity, than that's fine. However; most of us do not. At least, I'd like to think that. Its all about continuous improvement. And showing better results.

gtkevin12

Jolly Good Fellow

Congrats on making a post without using the word "Bigly". With your screen name, words like that make me wonder how I got accepted to GT as a Mount Paran grad!

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Stansbury should be fired as well! That is what you are saying, why not fire the entire administration and faculty and expel all the students. After all we did lose by one point to Miami (and don't forget Tennessee).