Stansbury comments on season tickets

Got my tickets...

Obvious that those that are buying tickets are paying a boatload more per seat/game that we were even when we were paying the MBS premium. At that is with me sitting in the same area I was before.

Good luck to those further down the line to buy tickets. Hope you have some available.
Are you sure about that? I am paying the same per seat. I checked and my seats in the upper east were $404.00 each. However, I also got a $26.00 "loyalty discount", which would have made the base price $430.00, which is what is indicated now.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Are you sure about that? I am paying the same per seat. I checked and my seats in the upper east were $404.00 each. However, I also got a $26.00 "loyalty discount", which would have made the base price $430.00, which is what is indicated now.

He said per game. The same cost per seat with one less game is more per game.

Then again, the only game that really dropped off is the FCS game that would probably have sold single game tickets for around $20 to it isn't that big of a jump.

He said per game. The same cost per seat with one less game is more per game.

Then again, the only game that really dropped off is the FCS game that would probably have sold single game tickets for around $20 to it isn't that big of a jump.
Apples and oranges, I guess, but I think by opting to keep tickets this year, with reseating, the amount spent for the MBS ND game is automatically switched to the Swarm Fund, leaving the cost per seat per game the same.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
I opted originally for the upper deck at MBS for the ND game reducing the cost. The new season ticket at BDS doesn’t allow that so I was required to pay an additional $70 for the new season ticket with one less game.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That changes the total cost for the season, but not the per-game cost. The extra spent last winter goes to the Swarm Fund. My invoice last winter clearly indicates what is now listed as the per-seat/per-game cost.

The total including the Notre Dame game was $404 with the loyalty discount. There were 7 games. Per game cost was $404/7~$57. Now there are 6 games $404/6~$67. The price for the season is the same, but the price per game is higher with fewer games.

With that said, I don't think it is a problem. From what I see on the seating chart, it looks like they are not going to have an issue selling all of the available seats. Since they are already going to be bringing in much less money than they were planning on it doesn't make sense to give discounts if you can sell out at the same price.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
The total including the Notre Dame game was $404 with the loyalty discount. There were 7 games. Per game cost was $404/7~$57. Now there are 6 games $404/6~$67. The price for the season is the same, but the price per game is higher with fewer games.

With that said, I don't think it is a problem. From what I see on the seating chart, it looks like they are not going to have an issue selling all of the available seats. Since they are already going to be bringing in much less money than they were planning on it doesn't make sense to give discounts if you can sell out at the same price.

The price for the ND Game alone was $100+. All games are not priced the same. Last year the USF game was not the same as the uga game. Your math is right, but the logic behind it is flawed, for this purpose.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
The price for the ND Game alone was $100+. All games are not priced the same. Last year the USF game was not the same as the uga game. Your math is right, but the logic behind it is flawed, for this purpose.

I did state earlier that the one game missing was the FCS game, which would have been priced lower. If that ticket was only $20, it still would make the package less expensive. Also, as you stated, the ND game was more expensive. My receipt showed the ND tickets at MBS at $140. That game isn't going to be at MBS now, and just going by expenses for the game and excitement around the pro stadium they would be less expensive, so the season tickets would be less than the $404.

However, as I stated in the post that you responded to, they are going to sell out all of the 11,000 available tickets at the original price for 7 games and an MBS game. I don't take issue with them keeping the price the same. They might have even been able to sell out if they had raised the prices. The reduced capacity means that they have more people who want to get tickets than there are tickets to sell. If I were in charge of the ticket office, and there are tickets remaining after the season ticket holders get their opportunity to purchase them, I would raise the price and sell ONLY full season tickets. There are plenty of ND fans in Atlanta that would pay $600 or more for the ND game alone.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
There are plenty of ND fans in Atlanta that would pay $600 or more for the ND game alone.
You’re not wrong on that part at all. I’ve now been offered $1100 per ticket for my GT/ND game by the ND fan customer of mine I mentioned originally offered $800 per, if I’m able to get any on the 8th during my time slot (doubtful I’ll have any left by that point). I won’t sell out of principle, but that’s incredibly tempting. I know they’d pay $600 for a season ticket just for that game.

You’re not wrong on that part at all. I’ve now been offered $1100 per ticket for my GT/ND game by the ND fan customer of mine I mentioned originally offered $800 per, if I’m able to get any on the 8th during my time slot (doubtful I’ll have any left by that point). I won’t sell out of principle, but that’s incredibly tempting. I know they’d pay $600 for a season ticket just for that game.
Boy, you're right the big bucks is always tempting, but I love my team and going to the games more than money. I DO get BIG BUCKS for my Masters Tickets though . :p

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Boy, you're right the big bucks is always tempting, but I love my team and going to the games more than money. I DO get BIG BUCKS for my Masters Tickets though . :p
And you could sell those Masters tickets for a hell of a lot more. I have customers that don’t batt an eye at paying $8,000 per person just for Masters badges for the week of the tournament. I’ve seen people on the street corners around Augusta National pay $800 per ticket just for practice round tickets for one day. It blows me away sometimes what people will pay for tickets to sporting events/concerts. We (GT fans...aka cheap asses) don’t see it often with our sports programs, but I see it a lot among my clientele with SEC football games.

LibertyTurns

Banned
We (GT fans...aka cheap asses) don’t see it often with our sports programs, but I see it a lot among my clientele with SEC football games.
Spot on. GT fans have Bentley taste on a Yugo budget. For some reason the mullet wife beater wearing imbecile living in the trailer and working at Walmart forks over $1k or more for a ticket, millionaire GT fans whine about paying $430.

And you could sell those Masters tickets for a hell of a lot more. I have customers that don’t batt an eye at paying $8,000 per person just for Masters badges for the week of the tournament. I’ve seen people on the street corners around Augusta National pay $800 per ticket just for practice round tickets for one day. It blows me away sometimes what people will pay for tickets to sporting events/concerts. We (GT fans...aka cheap asses) don’t see it often with our sports programs, but I see it a lot among my clientele with SEC football games.
I won't tell you in a public forum what I get for my tickets, but I will say that. although I don't get what you said, what I get is pretty close to that amount, and I should get even more next year, since no fans are being allowed in November. Fortunately, since my "broker" has not gotten in touch with me, they must have a no-refund policy. WHEW. LOL

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Spot on. GT fans have Bentley taste on a Yugo budget. For some reason the mullet wife beater wearing imbecile living in the trailer and working at Walmart forks over $1k or more for a ticket, millionaire GT fans whine about paying $430.
I often wonder how our fan base will react if we get good/stay good to the point that demand for our tickets pushes prices more toward those of a Clemson, or UGA, or Auburn, etc. Where you have to “donate” hundreds or thousands a year on top of the ticket prices just to get season tickets anywhere in the stadium. Our “get in” prices are so ridiculously cheap compared to that of high profile programs that it’s laughable sometimes, and yet we as a fan base seem to complain about everything. If we were paying what it takes to get a season ticket inside Sanford, I could at least understand the complaints. But we pay for a season what most of them are willing to pay for a game. Just look at their season ticket requirements this year...to get tickets to all home games in Sanford this year, isn’t the donor requirement $250,000 and above? A QUARTER OF A MILLION DOLLARS paid in to the program lifetime, above and beyond ticket prices, just to get all home games? And they will still have people fighting for those tickets. I don’t think we could ever get the current fan base to that level, even if we went undefeated for 10 years in a row.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We ***** about anything. You think that will be different. We'll ***** about the price of tickets. We'll ***** about the lack of fans in the stadium. We'll ***** about the back-up QB not starting. We're Georgia Tech. That's what we do as fans. ***** about the irrelevant.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
We ***** about anything. You think that will be different. We'll ***** about the price of tickets. We'll ***** about the lack of fans in the stadium. We'll ***** about the back-up QB not starting. We're Georgia Tech. That's what we do as fans. ***** about the irrelevant.
It does get exhausting at times. I really don’t think we as a fan base (at least its current make up) would pay to support our program if we got to the success level of a Clemson or even a UGA. I know UGA and Clemson season ticket holders (quite a few of them actually) that pay $1000+ for their parking passes for the season. Not tickets, just the parking. I could never see GT fans paying those kinds of prices.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Just for up to date info, just text one of my Clemson fan friends. Her family has paid into IPTAY for probably as long as she’s been alive. They currently pay $8000 a year to IPTAY, in addition to parking and ticket prices for their seats. They sit lower bowl, about the 10 yard line. That’s what $8000 a year “donation” gets you there. We ever gonna get to that level of fandom?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
It does get exhausting at times. I really don’t think we as a fan base (at least its current make up) would pay to support our program if we got to the success level of a Clemson or even a UGA. I know UGA and Clemson season ticket holders (quite a few of them actually) that pay $1000+ for their parking passes for the season. Not tickets, just the parking. I could never see GT fans paying those kinds of prices.
Well... another question (or way to look at it)... No chance UGA or Clemson fan base pays that with GT equivalent performance. When/if Ga Tech strings together 9 or 10 win seasons for a long sustained period, the [Atlanta] market will respond & folks who want the BDS experience will be forced to pay to meet increased demand.