Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

Creative

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't think he is being serious. That said a prospective candidate will want to kick the tires on this deal before agreeing to come here. In just about every way this shapes up to be a ticklish situation for a new coach.

Powerhouse arch rival in complete control of the state? check
Contentious media relationships? check
Divided fan base? check
Uncertain team atmosphere and likely divided team? check
No team leadership? check
Huge debt? check
The Hill? check
Apathetic student body? check
National perception at an all time low? check

If Prime Time was smart, he would take a pass on this mess and wait for the FSU job to come open. He is young and a hot commodity. He does not need this aggravation unless he just sees this as a stepping stone to be discarded in a couple of years.
Young? I think he's well into his 50s. 55-56? He looks young.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I could easily see a team meeting getting way out of hand. Can’t see any good from him addressing the team.
You are probably right. It is just that I always thought the SOP was for the coach to address the team in a final farewell gesture. The midseason firing of Tommy Bowden by Clemson back in 2009 (?) was a similarly bad scene with players complaining in the South Carolina media. IIWII.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
There is nothing "yellow" about the cash that guy has. Auburn goes though football coaches the way I used to eat peanut M&Ms. One after another according to the whims of Yellowood and company.
Georgia Tech has had 4 football coaches since the turn of the century, Auburn has had… 4.

Since 1975 Georgia Tech has had 8 football coaches. Auburn has had… 8.

Since 1975 Alabama has also had 8 coaches, UGA has had 5, Tennessee 8, Texas 8, Michigan 6, Ohio State 6, Clemson 7, USC 11, North Carolina 9 (but Mack Brown is 2 of those), Miami 12

Auburn really isn’t churning out coaches any more than anyone else is. They’re on a pretty standard pace.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Nothing happened until Sports Illustrated, TV talking heads and the press got behind the “what-the-heck-is-Tech-waiting-for” inquiry of Tech fans. What it means is that the powers that be do not like bad, national media about Georgia Tech, as it tarnishes the image of the school overall.
Getting our butts kicked at the end of last year 0-100 and the spectacle this year of having four punts blocked has done more the tarnish the image of the school with the national media than just about anything the Hill does.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Watch out for Geoff Duncan. He’s been wanting to get out of politics, graduated from Tech and played baseball at Tech. I keep hearing his name brought up.
Tired of Tech alum hires. Could be wrong on this but we need a complete change in the GTAA. Thanks for all the good information you’ve been sharing with us!

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
We should've saved TStan. I don't like his firing one bit since I'm interested in other Tech sports other than football. Volleyball is on a tear, Nell Fortner was an excellent hire, our campus just hosted the NCAA national championship meet in swimming earlier in the year, and on and on... He's been very support in those other sports and this will have a negative impact for those sports and coaches if the new guy comes in and all he does is prop up football and basketball and the rest goes in the back burner.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
We should've saved TStan. I don't like his firing one bit since I'm interested in other Tech sports other than football. Volleyball is on a tear, Nell Fortner was an excellent hire, our campus just hosted the NCAA national championship meet in swimming earlier in the year, and on and on... He's been very support in those other sports and this will have a negative impact for those sports and coaches if the new guy comes in and all he does is prop up football and basketball and the rest goes in the back burner.

If the other sports are in good shape with good coaches, they will likely remain so. I'm sure the new AD will do a full review of all programs. Nell has no worries. Same for volleyball and other sports that are successful.

Stansbury tied his fate to the Titanic and, unfortunately, sunk with it.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
If the players want to revolt or transfer immediately then I’ll open the door for them. A lot of them are soft because this coach instilled softness in our program so I wouldn’t be shocked if some of them are having temper tantrums over their baby sitter being fired. The next coach is gonna cull the herd anyway so let the natural process start now. What’s funny is their play time buddy would still be here if they had actually performed on the field and held themselves accountable. We stopped the bleeding but it’s gonna take a while to clean it all up and change this soft culture.