Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Who cares? He is a place holder at best until a new AD is hired and the real coach search begins. There is almost no possibility he will be hired as the next head coach unless he goes 7-1 the rest of the way.
Well I'd like a decent coach for the next 8 games - we'll see how he works out. But he's sucked as OL coach.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
AJC story was updated some additional comments from Cabrera confirming both firings and some additional details:

"Prior to his being informed of his dismissal by Cabrera, Collins was at the team’s offices Monday morning leading preparation for the Jackets’ Saturday game at No. 24 Pittsburgh. Players were in attendance for meetings and a weightlifting session."

So, clearly he had not been informed and the news leaking out yesterday was a really really bad look.
Well that's even worse look for gtaa if true . No wonder he would be pissed

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I don't think he is being serious. That said a prospective candidate will want to kick the tires on this deal before agreeing to come here. In just about every way this shapes up to be a ticklish situation for a new coach.

Powerhouse arch rival in complete control of the state? check
Contentious media relationships? check
Divided fan base? check
Uncertain team atmosphere and likely divided team? check
No team leadership? check
Huge debt? check
The Hill? check
Apathetic student body? check
National perception at an all time low? check

If Prime Time was smart, he would take a pass on this mess and wait for the FSU job to come open. He is young and a hot commodity. He does not need this aggravation unless he just sees this as a stepping stone to be discarded in a couple of years.
He’s 55. Not too young.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Watch out for Geoff Duncan. He’s been wanting to get out of politics, graduated from Tech and played baseball at Tech. I keep hearing his name brought up.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
There had to be some reason for that. It appears Geoff didn't leave gracefully. Some gratitude for $20,000,000+.
If he did not leave "gracefully", that would indicate to my way of thinking that he was still thinking he could turn this "Titanic" around after it had already hit the iceberg. Surely, he was not that oblivious to what was going on around him? Or, was he?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Watch out for Geoff Duncan. He’s been wanting to get out of politics, graduated from Tech and played baseball at Tech. I keep hearing his name brought up.

I have heard the same rumors from a couple of sources as well. Reported it on another thread.

There is a rumor circulating that Geoff Duncan is a candidate for AD.

Just the messenger. Word is the donors want a GT man and a former GT athlete and Duncan ticks that box.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, his last year at UCF he was 0-12 as OC.

Why are putting any energy into this? Key will not be the next head coach, but he is the most logical for interim HC given who is on the staff. Key, Thacker and others are all gone at the end of the year. Relax.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I think the GTAA debt is around $230M and our debt service around $14M. I think the next AD should immediately start a new campaign to cut that in half, as well as fully fund all remaining open capital projects.
Where is the available public information for the AA’s budget situation?