Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Come On Halloween GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If it's true that all team activities have been cancelled, Collins must've already been relieved of his duties.

My guess is that the board has to vote to approve a restructuring of Collin's contract to make the buyout 1 million over 12 years or whatever. (IIRC, the board has to approve certain contracts and expenditures.)

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
If the losing games show continues , we will.lose players and recruits either way. We're not putting the kids in the best position to succeed if we keep the status quo

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Yeah the mass exodus of players is gonna be hard to stomach
Yeah, that’s my biggest concern. Getting new leadership trumps all, but unfortunately, players leaving will inevitably be a part of that. Pick your poison I guess. Hopefully, we can minimize loses as best as possible. I think if it’s known we’re serious about going after a big name, players will be excited and stick around. If we poot around, and make a head scratcher hire, or get a promising up and comer coordinator type, guys are gonna leave in droves. And it may be tough to get guys in.

If we get Deion (Mullen, Meyer, Freeze, Chadwell), and it’s known from the jump we’re going after him, very few if any will leave, and every transfer and HS recruit in the nation will consider us. The only player guaranteed to leave would be Jeff Sims, as I’m sure Deion’s son would join him in ATL, but Jeff was probably leaving anyway.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
The irony of all this is the firing comes after we played one of Collins' best games ever in his time at GT. We were in the game almost to the end. Had we not been so poorly coached, we may have won.

we lost by 17 to a middle of the pack in its conference G5 team. That "being in the game almost to the end" against a Central Florida team that might go .500 is an indictment of our program in and of itself.
and this is one of the better games in the Collins era?
kinda speaks for itself right there, don't you think?

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
If we get Deion (Mullen, Meyer, Freeze, Chadwell),
Sad to say, but I don’t think any of those would even take an interview. Meyer’s said he is enjoying tv, Freeze just signed a huge contract with a big buyout, Chadwell will have better offers, and I don’t think Deion is leaving JSU.