Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

GT33

Helluva Engineer
The first call will be made to Graham Neff regarding the AD position. He’s the current AD at clemson. Very good and highly thought of AD in the college world. The pitch will include things about coming home and running his own show. Neff doesn’t run the show at Clemson, Dabo does. Graham just has the AD title but Dabo runs everything.
You think Ga State's AD is in the running?

GT33

Helluva Engineer
This is a great day for GT. We get to start undoing the damage that was done. LFG and beat Pitt Saturday !. Get some players with some Red A** !
Well, he did say it was going to be the greatest transformation in the history of college football. Everybody just took that to mean his Day 1 to some point in the future, not someone else's Day 1 until he cleaned up Geoff's mess. He's driven our recruiting into the ditch, ran off a fair amount of our fanbase, made us the butt of jokes, etc. Time for immediate damage control, then eliminating the last 3+ years of institutional rot.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
I have news to share regarding the AD search.

The first call will be made to Graham Neff regarding the AD position. He’s the current AD at clemson. Very good and highly thought of AD in the college world. The pitch will include things about coming home and running his own show. Neff doesn’t run the show at Clemson, Dabo does. Graham just has the AD title but Dabo runs everything.

Not going to happen. You don’t leave Clemson for Tech. You just don’t.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Based on Ken's article, sounds like Collins was told after our loss at home last week, that he had to show he could resolve issues or he was gone . Which would explain why you could tell during the presser this weekend, he knew he was done

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I haven’t heard anything on him.
Just a solid guy that's been in his job a while and has a track record. I think we need someone with experience & he's got over a decade. Maybe he's learned how to handle the politics? The Clemson guy is an option, but he's got a year as an AD and 8 years under DRad's skirt. This job may be too big for him- replace football coach, deal with basketball program, replace baseball coach who will retire, retire huge debt pile, navigate conference realignment, etc. New AD is going to be massively challenged. This isn't a job for a rookie.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
You have 10.5M in the bank.

Yeah, he's happy.
I don't think it is that simple. Yes he got a great deal on his contract and isn't going to give the money back. No one would. But he basically has ruined any chance of being a head coach again. Ego is big for coaches at this level. I certainly don't feel sorry for his dismissal. But I am betting much he is much more sad and disappointed versus being happy. I think he really believe everything he was preaching. He found out it is a big gap between coaching as assistant or Group of 5 head coach versus Power 5. The biggest thing good head coaches do is build a strong staff around themselves (among other things). Collins really didn't even make that attempt until this year and obviously too late.

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
On paper Auburn may be a better job (more $$$, more fan support, easier to recruit), but it's well known that the inmates (big donors) run the prison there, and it's a win now or get out environment...that's on top of having to coach in Saban's shadow and coach in the toughest division in college football. Donors ran off the AD this year, and were actively trying to get rid of Harsin DURING the season last year.

Some coaches will embrace it, other coaches will look elsewhere. Auburn is one of those "good from afar, but far from good" situations.

I wouldn't touch Aubuns. Their fans are crazy with crazy and unrealistic expectations just like LSU.
Not as glamourous but a lot more cushy and easier job at Tech, since the Hill and fans expect less.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Based on Ken's article, sounds like Collins was told after our loss at home last week, that he had to show he could resolve issues or he was gone . Which would explain why you could tell during the presser this weekend, he knew he was done
I don't think it is that simple. Yes he got a great deal on his contract and isn't going to give the money back. No one would. But he basically has ruined any chance of being a head coach again. Ego is big for coaches at this level. I certainly don't feel sorry for his dismissal. But I am betting much he is much more sad and disappointed versus being happy. I think he really believe everything he was preaching. He found out it is a big gap between coaching as assistant or Group of 5 head coach versus Power 5. The biggest thing good head coaches do is build a strong staff around themselves (among other things). Collins really didn't even make that attempt until this year and obviously too late.
I can't respond. Doing so will get me banned.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Graham Neff is who you dream for to be the next AD. He’s everything tech could dream and ask for. For the people asking about the money side and debt: as the assistant AD while at Clemson, Graham’s job was the money budget for athletics, handling expansion projects and construction. He did everything you could have asked for when it comes to money and logistics of a program. Clemson fans love him. He’s very passionate about college athletics, absolutely loves Georgia tech and all of their sports. Great young up and coming mind in the sports world. Only 39 years old.