Stansbury and Collins Dismissed

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
The donors have very very serious interest in Deion Sanders. Keep in mind, the adidas deal runs out of this year and Deion has very good connections with Nike. Deion could also get us a Nike deal, regardless he would get us more money in a new uniform contract.
Two *very’s* has my attention. I hope you’re right

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
The donors have very very serious interest in Deion Sanders. Keep in mind, the adidas deal runs out of this year and Deion has very good connections with Nike. Deion could also get us a Nike deal, regardless he would get us more money in a new uniform contract.
im starting to go along with this...
I think like Collins, Adidas has crapped the bed on style and apparel selection....
3 stripe life...or whatever

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I’ll allow It!

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
WTF? Indeed?

"Georgia Tech has posted a position on the football coaching staff on Indeed, one of the top job recruiting websites. While seeing jobs on that website is expected, it is unforeseen to see college football coaching positions posted there. Regardless, Georgia Tech has posted an opening, titled assistant coach – football.

There are multiple job responsibilities listed, and as expected, they follow those that would be expected out of an assistant coach. The job posting does say that “previous coaching experience in intercollegiate athletics” is strongly preferred."

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I know we are happy today, but I still have zero faith in anything the AA has to handle. He should have been fired after last year and definitely after Ole Miss. They only fired him now because they literally had to. You couldn’t have him return to Bobby Dodd for Homecoming after what Narduzzi would have done to him. So, I have zero faith they will do anything but hire a retread on the cheap. It will still be better than C****** but no way they are forward thinking enough to get Deion or change from Adidas. That would take effort and detailed work. They have proven they are inept at those things.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
I know we are happy today, but I still have zero faith in anything the AA has to handle. He should have been fired after last year and definitely after Ole Miss. They only fired him now because they literally had to. You couldn’t have him return to Bobby Dodd for Homecoming after what Narduzzi would have done to him. So, I have zero faith they will do anything but hire a retread on the cheap. It will still be better than C****** but no way they are forward thinking enough to get Deion or change from Adidas. That would take effort and detailed work. They have proven they are inept at those things.
Don’t rain on my hope parade

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I think he goes to a P5 program. His body language and the way he shies away from contact kind of tell me he is checked out and basically trying to not get hurt this season so he can leave. He has enough upside that someone will take a flier on him if nothing else. We can dump on him all we want, and I have done my fair share of it, but his good plays are really freaking good. Someone is going to see that and think they can fix him.

HIs game against UCF wasn't terrible other than the red zone issues, which aren't entirely his fault. His best rated game in a while.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
The players are finding out about the firing based off social media and not from Collins.
And this surprises you how? He was a cringeworthy hire based on no criteria anyone could discern, even those who want Johnson out in the worst way, and achieved it; did truly stupid things on the sideline -- while there was a game going on --blamed it all on Paul Johnson since he had the temerity to recruit option type players, and must be howling where ever he is in Arizona, and proceeded to alienate almost every ACC head ball coach with this boasting and yowling about "culture". trying to steal a Dabo Swinney process but having no idea what it meant.

I fear the AD and he wannabe coach have wrecked Georgia Tech football for good. We need now to look at dropping down in classification to get a foothold. We certainly bring nothing to the ACC.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Have to disagree, the uniforms are a mess. They're gimmicky. I love ultraboosts, I wear them almost daily, but we need Nike to come in and make some classic uniforms for GT. Adidas is still a lot better than having Russell or UA though.
You're right. A lot of the Adidas uniforms have been awful. Yesterday, the unforms were nice. There's several good potential GT football styles & uniform color combos, but sometimes Adidas runs us out in uniforms that look like they were designed by a bunch of kindergarteners not a professional outfit. It's like they ran out of real designers & we got stuck with whoever was left over.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
With ADTS history at GT, I would assume that he would just resign instead of being fired. a situation similar to ted roof. If that is the case, I would think he would do it without the need of the board meeting. I guess there is a chance that at the meeting they give him the chance to step down or be fired. I assume that he would have a feel for the temperature of the room and not put the board thru the difficult task of asking him to step down. I guess we will see in less than 24hrs