Staff Changes

LibertyTurns

Banned
Have you read the Georgia Tech release announcing the coaches who are not coming back? Part of the release dates that there will be changes at the top on both sides of the football. To me that would infer that Thacker will not be the DC.
It does not say “top”. Just says leadership changes on both sides of the ball.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
At this point we don't know more. Several media outlets have already speculated the demotion. Then if you read the letter from Collins today it reads as if both sides of the ball will have new leaders
If I had read further I'd have found this before I posted my similar comment. Thank you for having beat me to it. I have intentionally held off reading anything about this today until this evening.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
One of the biggest problems we've had with hiring good assts in the past has been having enough $, is that still a problem? I know we've raised 176 mil but that is all for capital improvements if I understand it right.

Dress2Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
One of the biggest problems we've had with hiring good assts in the past has been having enough $, is that still a problem? I know we've raised 176 mil but that is all for capital improvements if I understand it right.
There was a story earlier in the week (or weekend) that money folks had the funds committed last weekend (post ND) for a buyout and TS declined. If that was true, maybe some of the money could still be committed to hire good/great coordinators.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
It wasn't all for capital projects. There was a further breakdown during the initiative which somebody can probably find. The large chunks were capital projects, endowments, and current operations. However, most of that money was raised for specific purposes so there isn't a slush fund from that fundraiser to raise the pay for assistants.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
The last 3 seasons were unacceptable no matter how you look at it. We’ve all been complaining since game 1 of 2019 that offensive playcalling was horrendous. I’m glad PNode is gone. It was needed. I hope we get a home run hire for OC.

Not sure what’s going on with DC but I pray our staff knows better than to keep Thacker as DC. Not sure how that will play out.

We all need a breather and just sit back and see how it unfolds. The best we can do is hope Collins gets some real coaches in here and continue to support our favorite team and the kids that represent us.

Go Jackets.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Not sure why Wiesenhan or Marco Coleman survived. Marco is probably still living off the 2019 class, he's dropped off a ton since then at a recruiter and we're #98 in sacks. TEs are basically non-existent at this point and Weisenhan hasn't really been anything special on the recruiting trail.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
It was a clear discussion point. The Powers wanted Geoff to take on full DC responsibilities because he appeared to be second guessing Thacker. So Thacker (who is supposed to be fired) stays because Geoff said so. But not as DC. Probably as something else. And either Geoff earns his chops as DC or hires another and leaves him alone.

I am wholeheartedly against the idea of Geoff taking on full DC responsibility and imo it just shows how inept The Powers are.

This is not PlayStation where you flick your stick and hit X and pick a defense. It takes a tremendous amount of mental acumen to calls plays on offense or defense. Given Collins’ time-management woes and other gameday shortcomings does anyone really think adding defensive play calling duties is a good idea?

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I am wholeheartedly against the idea of Geoff taking on full DC responsibility and imo it just shows how inept The Powers are.

This is not PlayStation where you flick your stick and hit X and pick a defense. It takes a tremendous amount of mental acumen to calls plays on offense or defense. Given Collins’ time-management woes and other gameday shortcomings does anyone really think adding defensive play calling duties is a good idea?
No, bad idea. He should be highest paid recruiting coordinator in country. 🤣😂