Staff Changes

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
While I have serious doubts about GC's ability to turn the ship, I do understand the financial situation we are in and that we had talent issues upon transition to GC. As far as transition from TO, I see that as an excuse and overblown - football is football.

However we are where we are and so how do we go forward given the financial situation. The best answer probably is to give the current regime some more time but give them no excuses to hide behind. The current regime is led by GC and BK. They are the top executives. To leave them no room for excuses, make GC lead the defense and BK lead the offense. They either progress or are gone. As far as TS, the sky is cloudier and he may have to go too if things don't improve. He does have some successes in other sports but his moneymaker is not performing and that is not good. On to 2022 and one word of advice, if I were GC I would be careful about how much I said and how much I promoted until I produced some positive results.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
These guys got hit right at Christmas, too. I hope their friends, family, and neighbors swarm them.

If the overruling/micromanagement reports are true, and I have no reason to doubt them, then the combination of splitting the safeties from the CBs plus conflicting messages from Collins would explain a lot. Restructuring might help a lot, just because there are too many chefs in the kitchen.
I hate to see anyone lose their job but this is the occupation they have chosen. Would be interesting to know avg how long an assistant coach stays in one place.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Have you been to the practices? What do they do differently that makes practices bad?

I open this up to anyone that might know the answer. I've heard it mentioned a number of times and I truly want to understand what we're doing wrong in practice.
When Collins first started as our HC the practices were open and it was like a chaotic blitzkrieg of players running from one drill to another rapid pace, it was pretty unlike any fb practice anyone had seen before, there’s a lot of music blasting and dancing around, and there were comments from players and visitors that practice was fun, or looked fun. The players nicknamed Collins DJ jazzyjeff because he was keeping the great tunes flowing. Whether this is still the case i can’t answer that.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know the time table on naming a DC and OC? would it be best before signing day after signing day.

I think they will probably interview this week so I wouldn't be surprised if it's by the end of the week or early next. You do want to move quickly and recruits definitely want to know, but I suspect they probably already have an idea of who the candidates are.

presjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
When Collins first started as our HC the practices were open and it was like a chaotic blitzkrieg of players running from one drill to another rapid pace, it was pretty unlike any fb practice anyone had seen before, there’s a lot of music blasting and dancing around, and there were comments from players and visitors that practice was fun, or looked fun. The players nicknamed Collins DJ jazzyjeff because he was keeping the great tunes flowing. Whether this is still the case i can’t answer that.
Football is fun?

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure we'll go after the current OC and DC at Temple. :cool:
Seriously, Collins hired the last two coordinators and they were NFL caliber....Not For Long. Financially and record wise we got three pretty sorry season out of them. I don't know if, with our new culture, Collins is capable of making a good decision. I don't know of anyone with football smarts that can help him.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Rhett Lashlee heading to SMU as HC, so Miami also looking for OC (and possibly HC and entire staff). The fact that Lashlee is leaving for a HC job when Canes want HC fired, tells me you need to get in on the young coaches early, because they won't be there later. So if Corey Dennis is an up and comer, go get him before someone else does.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Rhett Lashlee heading to SMU as HC, so Miami also looking for OC (and possibly HC and entire staff). The fact that Lashlee is leaving for a HC job when Canes want HC fired, tells me you need to get in on the young coaches early, because they won't be there later. So if Corey Dennis is an up and comer, go get him before someone else does.
Don't follow Miami have they hired a new AD ?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
These guys got hit right at Christmas, too. I hope their friends, family, and neighbors swarm them.

If the overruling/micromanagement reports are true, and I have no reason to doubt them, then the combination of splitting the safeties from the CBs plus conflicting messages from Collins would explain a lot. Restructuring might help a lot, just because there are too many chefs in the kitchen.
Where are these "reports" coming from? I haven't seen any of this, just speculation from message boards.

CheCha54

Georgia Tech Fan
Unless Collins changes his strategy, we should not expect different results. The problems are system wide and only those that influence the entire system can correct them.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Unless Collins changes his strategy, we should not expect different results. The problems are system wide and only those that influence the entire system can correct them.
I am hoping that TStan demands an approval on the hires. iirc, that was the deal early on with Pastner and it resulted in getting some pretty quality assistants there.

Of course, if TStan is a lousy judge of coaches (Collins, cough, cough) well then that might not help.