Staff Changes

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
It’s also called being humble. The coaches are doing a good job over there too, believe me.
Yeah, now that you mention it, I never heard a lot of bragging from Smart about what a good coach he is, his past exploits, and how he is really coaching up this team. He must not be elite.

Sorry, I have refrained until now from such smack talk but that was such low hanging fruit it overcame my better judgment.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, now that you mention it, I never heard a lot of bragging from Smart about what a good coach he is, his past exploits, and how he is really coaching up this team. He must not be elite.

Sorry, I have refrained until now from such smack talk but that was such low hanging fruit it overcame my better judgment.
Lol
When you win, nobody really gives **** what you have to say. Certainly nobody is scouring over every single word of coach speak trying to come up with negatives

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
As I said, I am honestly intrigued. I haven't had season tickets since the mid-90's for reasons mentioned earlier. I propose that we make a thread after the holidays or in late winter (when do these things even go on sale???) to see if there are others who may be interested.
I could be interested. Need to start a thread on this idea.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
There's been talk of demoting Thacker to LB coach and bringing in another DC or having CGC take over the DC responsibility. After seeing the initial press release about Patenaude etal, but nothing since, I'm beginning to doubt there's going to be any more significant changes (I could be wrong). If nothing else is going to change, this is about how I feel.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
There's been talk of demoting Thacker to LB coach and bringing in another DC or having CGC take over the DC responsibility. After seeing the initial press release about Patenaude etal, but nothing since, I'm beginning to doubt there's going to be any more significant changes (I could be wrong). If nothing else is going to change, this is about how I feel.

Maybe "new leadership on both sides of the ball" meat a new OC and new defensive back coaches, and not a new DC as we've assumed.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
When are we gonna replace that lazy Get-Bak! coach? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I accept your criticism with the utmost respect and admiration. My friend Mr Rogers also has some thoughts ...

uKVIeyh.gif

Techster

Helluva Engineer
When are we gonna replace that lazy Get-Bak! coach? :LOL::LOL::LOL:

The correct AD response would have been:

"We know the Get Bak coach's performance this season was not up to our high standards. I assure you that as AD, we are looking at every detail of the Get Bak coach's job and reviewing them to see how we can improve next season. Rest assured, the process of improving the Get Bak coach's performance is already underway...and it started with throwing all of his crappy ice cream into the dumpster...."

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The correct AD response would have been:

"We know the Get Bak coach's performance this season was not up to our high standards. I assure you that as AD, we are looking at every detail of the Get Bak coach's job and reviewing them to see how we can improve next season. Rest assured, the process of improving the Get Bak coach's performance is already underway...and it started with throwing all of his crappy ice cream into the dumpster...."

btchplz.gif

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
At the moment, considering three years of proof that our program is not on a great trajectory and that the head coach has treated the fans like mushrooms (actively making things inside the program a complete mystery to the fans), I’m in complete Missouri-mode. You gotta show me something before I’ll extend any more faith or belief. I honestly hope improvement happens with this group and I’ll be looking at things from the angle of why XYZ move should help. But there’s no more benefit of the doubt anymore. None.
When you mushroom someone, you keep them in the dark and feed them s***. Better description of what's going now with Tech football, say I.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I could be interested. Need to start a thread on this idea.

I believe we will once we get past the holidays and we start hearing some noise about the entire season ticket process. I moved from near the Atlanta metro area in 95 or 96 so it has been that long since I payed attention to it. When I do I will politely ask the people who won't buy them next year in some show of "sticking it to the man" to refrain from posting that sentiment in that thread. I am hoping to retire soon (Good Lord willing) and I aim to blow my money in any way that I see fit.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I believe we will once we get past the holidays and we start hearing some noise about the entire season ticket process. I moved from near the Atlanta metro area in 95 or 96 so it has been that long since I payed attention to it. When I do I will politely ask the people who won't buy them next year in some show of "sticking it to the man" to refrain from posting that sentiment in that thread. I am hoping to retire soon (Good Lord willing) and I aim to blow my money in any way that I see fit.

Renewals begin in mid January. Numbers from that will be very telling. I'm keeping my 3 and probably adding 1, but will I be there by myself?