Staff Changes

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I actually don't mind keep Thacker but I think he should be stripped of the DC title. The linebackers have done well, let him focus just on that and grow as a coach.
If that is true and it seems at first blush then I would be OK with that move as well as long as we hire a good DC. Wonder if @Ibeeballin would agree with that?

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Mildly surprised at Patenaude being fired as I would expect it to be hard to bring in someone in the situation and expecting a one year improvement, especially since there was enough improvement against the middle of our schedule (in terms of difficulty) to believe that continued continuity might outweigh a change in this situation. But hopefully this means we have someone already lined up that can inject some hope. Also might be why Thacker was retained if we reached out and didn't get good feedback on who would be interested as DC.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If that is true and it seems at first blush then I would be OK with that move as well as long as we hire a good DC. Wonder if @Ibeeballin would agree with that?

I think the next DC will have a big say in who will be on the defensive staff. Gonna be odd to come to a new place where the former DC is under your charge and had the ears of current players.

yjack

Jolly Good Fellow
What are the chances Collins wants to talk with some recruits before making additional moves?

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the next DC will have a big say in who will be on the defensive staff. Gonna be odd to come to a new place where the former DC is under your charge and had the ears of current players.
I think in this industry, you get humbled a lot so they should be able to handle it. If we could bring in a seasoned DC, they should have little issues managing the people under them. I also think the conversation would be with Thacker, "either play nice and be a LB coach or nothing"

Techster

Helluva Engineer
We run the most vanilla version of the NCAA standard spread offense. You could pick an OC out of a hat and find a coach that can do as poorly as we have done this year.

The next OC will have some nice pieces to work with. An Elite 11 QB who has all the physical tools (Sims), another Elite 11 QB coming in, 4 star WRs, 4 Star RBs. OL needs to be coached up.

It's actually a really good gig for an up and coming OC to prove himself. The new OC just needs to ask for a multi year contract!

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
8E160CB0-3DE3-430E-87F1-88ED3B38F6CE.jpg