Staff Changes

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I know we all want change on our football staff, but keep in mind most assistants work on 1 year contracts. Burton is married with 4 kids. Popovich is married with 2 kids. Yes, the players they coached didn't meet the standards of the play we all want so letting them go was the correct thing for the team, but there's also a human side to firing coaches...especially at the assistant level. They don't have the golden parachute that head coaches have. Now their families will be uprooted and they will need to find jobs.

That's the life they signed up for when they chose this profession...but just saying let's all be mindful that it's not just the assistant coaches that are affected.

nyto

Georgia Tech Fan
I like Coleman but Not sure he should be safe too. Most sacks by a player (Charlie Thomas) on defense was 3… and 2.5 came in one game against unc.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You don’t fire the CEO by taking out the Admin Asst first. I’ll be surprised if we didn’t F this up too.

Thacker and Patenaude are stuck in Atlanta traffic and were late to the meeting...

...kidding. There's probably some details to work out with coordinators. I'd be shocked if Thacker is the DC much longer.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
At least something is happening. If they didn't make moves fast it would send a terrible message. No idea who in their right mind would want to come be an assistant under Collins at this point in time though.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer

It’s believed that Collins will not make any more changes to his staff, at least at present. That includes defensive coordinator Andrew Thacker, whose unit ranks 117th in FBS in total defense.

Hmm...

Maybe just a formality and move Thacker to an assistant position? Collins takes over DC role? How much worse could it be.