Spring Practice

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I know its way too early, but what do you guy want to see.
Me, I think its time to ask Tobias Oliver to move to defensive back. He's just too good of an athlete to be subbing in as a receiver. Plus we get 4 star Marquez Ezzard in the rotation. I see him being another Christian Campbell or better. He just looks out of place at receiver and if he has any plans of playing at the next level, DB would benefit him. We can't waste a player like Oliver.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Me, I think its time to ask Tobias Oliver to move to defensive back. He's just too good of an athlete to be subbing in as a receiver. Plus we get 4 star Marquez Ezzard in the rotation. I see him being another Christian Campbell or better. He just looks out of place at receiver and if he has any plans of playing at the next level, DB would benefit him. We can't waste a player like Oliver.

Lets grow him to 290 for DL, that's what we really need.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think he will be on the team next year. No info just a guess.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
It doesn't make much sense to put Oliver at DB. It's the area we have the least need for, and it doesn't take any advantage of his running ability. RB probably fits him better than WR but what we have kind of makes that a non option.

At WR his best role is probably as a #3 or 4 option trying to take advantage of matches against LBs while Brown/Ezzard/Gowdy take the attention of the DBs. Oliver probably won't be a great route runner or have the best WR skills (in terms of good hands and being able to high point the ball consistently and the like), but with the ball in his hands he's probably better than any of the other WRs.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
He is caught in no man's land. A QB that is not a great passer but very good in the open field as a runner. WR is a better position for him if he wants a pro career but so far he has struggled at the position. I hope he stays, improves at the position and graduates. I wish him well whatever he chose to do. He gave us some great moments at QB.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I want to see Yates and Gleason battling out for the QB position and put Graham at DB with Oliver, or into the RB rotation.
I don’t think this is realistic. Graham has to be QB until at least partway through the season. Even if Yates or Gleason win the starting job, you have to have a QB with more game experience than Yates has as a back up.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think this is realistic. Graham has to be QB until at least partway through the season. Even if Yates or Gleason win the starting job, you have to have a QB with more game experience than Yates has as a back up.
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. I think it’s definitely Graham’s job to lose, but if he gets outperformed in camp I’ve got no problem with either Yates or Gleason starting in week 1. If either one of those guys beats out Graham, you have to assume they’re the QB of the future, and they have to play in games to get the most out of it. I also wouldn’t mind if Graham started and played most of the snaps in week 1 regardless, but whoever they determine won the job needs to play all game against GW. Unless of course that game turns to doom and gloom like El Cid. Can’t afford to play QB roulette against GW and lose.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think that’s necessarily true. I think it’s definitely Graham’s job to lose, but if he gets outperformed in camp I’ve got no problem with either Yates or Gleason starting in week 1. If either one of those guys beats out Graham, you have to assume they’re the QB of the future, and they have to play in games to get the most out of it. I also wouldn’t mind if Graham started and played most of the snaps in week 1 regardless, but whoever they determine won the job needs to play all game against GW. Unless of course that game turns to doom and gloom like El Cid. Can’t afford to play QB roulette against GW and lose.
Right, I was trying to say that Graham should remain a QB as back up if Yates or Gleason win the job. The poster I responded to said to move Graham to DB. I do not think Graham should be moved positions even if he loses. His experience is needed at the position.