Spring Practice

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I want to see improvement at QB. I want the OL to be more comfortable with scheme. I want the DL to have a snowball's chance in hell to get pressure only sending 3-4. We only got true pressure sending 6 this year... that's rough. Sometimes it took 7.... SEVEN. I would rewatch games and be amazed we had 4 guys in zone and would send 7 guys after a scrambling QB and he still either picked up 2-3 yards or threw it away.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think this is realistic. Graham has to be QB until at least partway through the season. Even if Yates or Gleason win the starting job, you have to have a QB with more game experience than Yates has as a back up.
I have a feeling that next years QB will be coming from the transfer portal. I know we are signing a lot of players, but I think we will see a lot of players transfer out or that CGC will process in order to open up spots for players to transfer here.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling that next years QB will be coming from the transfer portal. I know we are signing a lot of players, but I think we will see a lot of players transfer out or that CGC will process in order to open up spots for players to transfer here.
I like Graham buy he is hot and cold maybe a little more cold than hot. Problem with a transfer is you may have to wait another year before he can play. We get no help from the NCAA.

year_of_the_swarm

Jolly Good Fellow
TO should definitely go to Georgia Southern or Kennesaw and run the option... He was born to run the option but doesn't really fit anywhere else. I think he would have been a 1,500 yard rusher this year as the full-time starter, but he can still go somewhere else and run the TO, including right down the road at GSU.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
TO should definitely go to Georgia Southern or Kennesaw and run the option... He was born to run the option but doesn't really fit anywhere else. I think he would have been a 1,500 yard rusher this year as the full-time starter, but he can still go somewhere else and run the TO, including right down the road at GSU.

Not sure he'd beat out wertz at southern. Wertz is a much better passer. (even though numbers don't show it because they throw 6-8 times a game)

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
TO can transfer or he can use his eligibility becoming a first rate WR and get a shot in the league.

Graham is the qb until beaten out, which I don’t foresee, unless Gleason comes and just lights it up.

A lot of injured talent will be coming off injury. Will Knight require surgery.

The transfer portal will depend on how many players sign February.

The OLine will be a lot better but it’s still no.
The DLine will be better but...

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
CGC has said TO is one of the best athletes he has ever been around. Why not let him train this whole off-season at WR? I would be disappointed if he left.

With the WR's we currently have, pluss the addition of Ezzard next year, as well as the new recruits coming in, I don't know if even a full offseason of dedicated training would allow him to crack the 2 deep next year, or whatever the ATL equivalent is. I love TOP and his dedication to our team, but I'd understand completely if he left to get meaningful PT elsewhere, because as a WR, he would probably get at best 2-3 targets a game with our other guys playing. Not sure that is a great use of his talent.

As I said earlier, if he does stay, I'd work to get him touches on ST as a returner.

True2GT

Georgia Tech Fan
I want to see improvement at QB. I want the OL to be more comfortable with scheme. I want the DL to have a snowball's chance in hell to get pressure only sending 3-4. We only got true pressure sending 6 this year... that's rough. Sometimes it took 7.... SEVEN. I would rewatch games and be amazed we had 4 guys in zone and would send 7 guys after a scrambling QB and he still either picked up 2-3 yards or threw it away.
Hopefully Clayton makes a big impact this coming season and are we getting some guys back from injury as well?

Recruiting should be zeroed in on DL (specifically tackle), then o line, and everything else is eye candy if you get the first two right.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I want to see someone like Fridge come in as an offensive consultant. I know it won't happen, but that's what I want to see in Spring. Too old to want to do it full time, but enough love for his old team to want to help out. Now all this would be left up to GC asking for help.
CGC already did