Spring Practice

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Man... Quinlan didn't say hammie, he said hammies. It sounded like it's a long-term problem.

I've been as big as Lucas Johnson supporter on this board as there has been, maybe outside of ATL1, but if Johnson is a guy who's always going to have hamstring problems, he's probably never going to be a guy who long term starts.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
At least some of that apparent depth may have been out of necessity due to injuries rather than quality depth, an example being the UNC game (the tie that cost us an undisputed national championship). We had three offensive line starters out for that game. Following a long run by Shawn Jones, IIRC we had first and goal from about the UNC 5. And I think third and goal from the 1. Fourth and goal from the 1 right in front of me. We ran it four times and did not score. An incredibly frustrating afternoon in Chapel Hill and a game we could have easily lost.

And we could have kicked the FG and won. I was there too. It was obvious UNC wasn't going to score. I think their only TD came because we fumbled a punt inside our own ten yd line. Didn't they have less than a hundred yds offense?

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Man... Quinlan didn't say hammie, he said hammies. It sounded like it's a long-term problem.

I've been as big as Lucas Johnson supporter on this board as there has been, maybe outside of ATL1, but if Johnson is a guy who's always going to have hamstring problems, he's probably never going to be a guy who long term starts.
Yes they can be long term .
I hurt mine my senior year in high school. The doctor told me to rest it. I listen very well I'm 65 and in a few more years i'll see if I can run full speed. I wonder what full speed is now , maybe I rest it longer don't want to hurt it again :) play it safe

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Forum: "CPJ Needs to be nicer to the media!"

Local Media: Says something nice about CPJ

Forum: "OMG Not THAT Media!!!"
You want Mark Bradley saying we should be happy with CPJ? Mark Bradley? Really? You don't think that's a sign that maybe CPJ isnt doing so well?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
very interesting to hear "the kang" say many good things about CPJ.

It is worth noting that this was on his Southern Sports Today show instead of his 680 show. I haven't heard the SST show much, but he seems to do actual interviews and analysis on that show. The 680 shows are scripted as arguments either between the two hosts, or between the hosts and at least one set of fans. On most of the daytime 680 shows, they have at least one guy whose job it is to be annoying. It appears they want to get engagement by getting people excited or angry. The reason I don't like that they are the flagship station has more to do with the station format than the people.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
You want Mark Bradley saying we should be happy with CPJ? Mark Bradley? Really? You don't think that's a sign that maybe CPJ isnt doing so well?
Do you recall his comment about how many 5 stars Kirby would get at GT?

We're not playing with the same set of playable cards.

GTL

Jolly Good Fellow
That was the week after Clemson, and if you remember Clemson was the most physical team in the country that year.
I was at that Clemson game surrounded by CU fans in the north stands. It was brutal; got to see our heroic goal line defense up close. I've never seen a better defensive stand, nor a defense more tired afterwards. IIRC, they had 1st and 10 on the 15, took 4 downs to make first and goal at the 5, then took four downs and was stopped short.