Spring Practice

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think that better pass blocking and a deeper drop go together. Last year, especially against the better Ds, the blocking wasn't there for taking that extra step back. So TaQuon went ahead and threw the ball, no matter that he wasn't in the prime position to do so. And, of course, he was often forced from the pocket and threw on the run or, as likely, decided to try to run out of trouble. Can't blame him for either, but I hope he doesn't have to do that this year. Having the same OL on the field for more then 3 games would certainly help. Let's hope that happens.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
adidas comments are funny starting around 5:45

Nobody can listen to those comments and still think student athletes don't care about brand of gear. I've read so many comments about recruits not picking a school based on uniform brand, and maybe they don't decide on that ALONE, but the excitement that will be generated by new swag, the excitement that our players will show on social media, WILL positively impact recruiting. Bring on the chrome, blue, metallic, honeycomb insanity!!! LOL.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I am pretty encouraged that CPJ and TQM are on the same page as many of us with TQM's passing struggles -- just need to hit the "wide open" guys. As a former catcher, I agree with CPJ that altering arm slot / release mechanics is too much too late at this point. Simple footwork can go a long way to improving timing and velocity. Will be interested to see if there are any adjustments to the routes. JT had a stronger arm and an adjustable baseball release, so he could get away with half rolls, hit intermediate routes and make the back shoulder throws. Not sure what changes these would be tho.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Tqm needs to pass to where they are GOING TO BE OPEN.
JT could stop and pop when he saw what was going to happen in the clutch.

Last year it seemed like tqm was about to make it happen. We even played shamire to give him best pass blocking .
But in last 2 games against duke and uga 5 completions and 2 int was a dude

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Tqm needs to pass to where they are GOING TO BE OPEN.
JT could stop and pop when he saw what was going to happen in the clutch.

Last year it seemed like tqm was about to make it happen. We even played shamire to give him best pass blocking .
But in last 2 games against duke and uga 5 completions and 2 int was a bust of a season ender.

These half speed no rush are needed to start spring, but they aren't useful for determining that the bust is over.

2018 Its Time!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
That's three mentions of Chris Martin and counting. Interesting development. I doubt he'll start - no game experience - but it looks like he'll be in the rotation at NT. And you never can tell; he might win the job. He's more the size and speed of the guys at AppST. Or was, at any rate.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
That's three mentions of Chris Martin and counting. Interesting development. I doubt he'll start - no game experience - but it looks like he'll be in the rotation at NT. And you never can tell; he might win the job. He's more the size and speed of the guys at AppST. Or was, at any rate.
Kerr has been called out twice as well.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
One interesting comment by TM when asked about how he is progressing on his goals:

"Right now I haven't been getting too many pull reads..."

I wonder if CPJ is telling CNW what kind of reads to give TM and since he wants to evaluate the Bbacks, he's telling him to show a give read? I hope he's ready to evaluate TM's pull reads soon and then his keep/pitch read. Those need work.

Good to hear he's feeling like he's improving his dropback. I know after watching film he saw that we wasn't getting deep enough on his drops last year.

Also, I like hearing the pass pro has been better, he says he's getting plenty of time. Although, that's not too encouraging from a defensive perspective. I like that he's feeling comfortable in the pocket and he's actively working on staying in the pocket when he has one.

He missed a lot of give reads as well. I'd say he missed more of tbose. In particular the Clemson game.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck