Spring Practice

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Wow! Howard has a quick burst through the hole. Looks like he does a jump cut as well. Having a 1 2 punch of him and Benson will be killer!
Don’t count Ponchez-Mason out yet. CPJ said he wants to get him on the field, and he does good things with the ball in his hands. Another player said he’s like a cross between Benson, and Howard with speed and strength. He was also running with the 1’s some.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
photo gallery from Sat scrimmage:

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/view.gal?id=213496

13240516.jpeg
I think I saw #45 Charlie Thomas on DEF. I thought he asked (and granted) to go to WR?

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Is it feasible to have a short yardage package with all three of them? Rewatching 2015's Miami game, it would have been nice to have dedrick and Marshall in for RT / zone and counter / zone looks.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Nobody had seen Deshawn Watson in a college football competitive situation before his first game, but every Clemson fan knew he was the future for the Tigers. Several of us on here believe the same about Tobias Oliver.
Big difference between Watson and Oliver though. IMO the future is the true freshman Graham, I think he has the electric running ability that you see from TM and we saw from JT, and I think he will throw the ball just as good as JT. This is just speculation though.

Big difference between Watson and Oliver though. IMO the future is the true freshman Graham, I think he has the electric running ability that you see from TM and we saw from JT, and I think he will throw the ball just as good as JT. This is just speculation though.
Well, to be fair, there was a big difference between Watson and just about anybody. But what is this "big difference" between Watson and Oliver that is so noticeable?
I doubt that Johnson will ever start a true freshman, so maybe next year is Graham's year, but I personally see no reason why this year can't be Oliver's year, and we'll worry about next year when it gets here.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Well, to be fair, there was a big difference between Watson and just about anybody. But what is this "big difference" between Watson and Oliver that is so noticeable?
I doubt that Johnson will ever start a true freshman, so maybe next year is Graham's year, but I personally see no reason why this year can't be Oliver's year, and we'll worry about next year when it gets here.
Watson was just way more polished coming out of high school. I’m not doubting Oliver can try and win the starting job this year and next year will come when it comes. When talking about future though, I take that as more than just 1 season and that’s why I said what I said. I don’t think Graham will start this year either though.