Spring Practice - Day 1

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I know this is a little off the current line of posts, but it is relevant to the main thread. Regarding JT's post practice interview, has anyone but me noticed how much stronger and in shape he looks? Especially compared to his fan day video of last season? He looks like a high school kid. Another good look is his post Georgia game interview, where he's obviously packed on some muscle from the season, but looked like he was in a bulking stage of his workouts.

What an unbelievable transformation! If he can do that in 9 months, where is he going to be with another 5 months before the season starts?

As long as the strength and conditioning guy remembers he is a very quick QB and not a D lineman on the weights.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I have no worries at all about Coach Sisk and his staff ;)
Sure you're right. I have memories of a very good HS QB, quick and fast and plenty strong, reporting to August practice after a new coach had put in a summer weight program. He looked like a linebacker. The coach never distinguished between the skill positions and the heavys, and all did the same routine. Always thought that summer cost him at least good looks from several Ivy League schools.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Sure you're right. I have memories of a very good HS QB, quick and fast and plenty strong, reporting to August practice after a new coach had put in a summer weight program. He looked like a linebacker. The coach never distinguished between the skill positions and the heavys, and all did the same routine. Always thought that summer cost him at least good looks from several Ivy League schools.

So you saw the difference between an amateur and a pro at what they do? :)

rosebud78

Georgia Tech Fan
As long as the strength and conditioning guy remembers he is a very quick QB and not a D lineman on the weights.

I have no worries at all about Coach Sisk and his staff ;)

I'm of the opinion, after seeing the spring game, that JT is faster, if possible? He almost broke for a touchdown, with the defense only needing a finger on him. No way would have he been tackled. Thoughts?

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I'm of the opinion, after seeing the spring game, that JT is faster, if possible? He almost broke for a touchdown, with the defense only needing a finger on him. No way would have he been tackled. Thoughts?
Not sure about the speed, but maybe a bit quicker. Maybe. Not sure the spring game helped him at all except for a workout of sorts, and maybe getting some PT with a possible Bback. I've always thought his quickness more important than footspeed, but I'll surely take both.