Spring Practice - Day 1

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Since CPJ has hinted at not needing to see what JT nor TB have at qb, iow - not risk injury, does that mean the Spring Game will be the Mat Jordan vs Chase Martenson show? (Chase who, you say?)

We should see JT get a series or two as well as Tim...but mostly MJ and Chase.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
Why not have MJ vs TB? Its not like TB played HUGE amounts so then we might have a even game.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Why not have MJ vs TB? Its not like TB played HUGE amounts so then we might have a even game.

What does a even Spring game really matter?

It's just for player evaluation and really most of that is done in practices.

I think we know what we have in TB and of course we all hope nothing happens to JT but if it does then we have a good one to turn to in TB.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
What does a even Spring game really matter?

It's just for player evaluation and really most of that is done in practices.

I think we know what we have in TB and of course we all hope nothing happens to JT but if it does then we have a good one to turn to in TB.

I still think we should put TB in goal to go situations..doesn't make sense to me to put JT in there...TB is a beast..just a random thought.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I still think we should put TB in goal to go situations..doesn't make sense to me to put JT in there...TB is a beast..just a random thought.
I've wrestled with this idea too. I guess JT gives us the option to go wide with speed on the qb keeper or triple. JT sprinting for the pylon is almost automatic if we get that block on the corner.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
We also don't want to switch back and forth with mesh and timing.

Since they both get a good amount of reps with the 1 and 2 Bbacks and centers, I don't know that it is that much of a concern. I see your point but having seen enough of PJ's practices at Southern back in the day, it's not a big issue.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Since they both get a good amount of reps with the 1 and 2 Bbacks and centers, I don't know that it is that much of a concern. I see your point but having seen enough of PJ's practices at Southern back in the day, it's not a big issue.
Always value insight from players/fans who have been at practices. I understand there are lots of reps, but mojo and momentum are tricky things and adding in more change is a risky thing.