Spring Practice 2016 News & Notes

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
How tall is Brandon? I was thinking that he's under 6', but he had some height on PJ and Marcus.

Buzz776g

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, I rounded 9-12 lb/4wks to 10lbs/mo.
That's doable for a man of his size. Safe, effective weight loss, if you concentrate and work at it, runs about 2.5 lbs./week, give or take.

I realize this may sound terminally foolish, but are the trainers and staff sure there is nothing medically wrong with him?

Metabolic disorders (thyroid etc) usually affect older women, not young men, but that is by NO means exclusive. People with a metabolic malfunction can eat a perfectly normal amount of food and pack on weight; it's virtually impossible to lose it (without nearly blacking out, anyway). Your body simply does not use food properly.

If he had medical problems he'd have a very hard time making it through practices, much less games, but if there's any question of it I'd hope he's been checked out.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Sugiura: Georgia Tech linebackers honing blitz techniques
“It’s always good as a linebacker to be an effective blitzer, so we’ve been working that a lot as far as timing and just coming downhill and being physical and using moves to get off the guards and tackles and get to the quarterback,” Davis said Saturday following the team’s 12th spring-practice workout.

Davis said also that the defense sometimes didn’t disguise its blitzes well enough, enabling opponents to blunt their effectiveness.

RLR

Jolly Good Fellow
It's been said many times before, but man Pat Gamble looks like a man / true DT.

@45 seconds in the 12th practice video above, Jalen Johnson sticks Quade.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Seems to be an eating disorder for certain.

In the off season an attentive coaching staff would have gotten, or tried, to get him help. Maybe they did, idk.

Certainly there should have been someone riding his behind every day / week.

Again, maybe they did. But if it did not work, at least one of the involved party's should no longer be associated with the GY football program.

yep, Devine was(maybe is) too important to the success of this program to let that happen

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Wait, it was actually a test, yeah, that's the ticket, yeah ... I wanted to see how long it would take u losers to catch it, yeah, that's it.
When you were typing that did it sound like Edward G Robinson, because that's how it sounded to me when I was reading it.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
CPJ suggesting that they want Shamire to lose 10 lbs a month. Dadgum.

That is absolutely reasonable if one starts from 380. My quack suggested the "no white" diet to me which in real terms is green vegetables, limited lean meat, but no white bread, noodles, potatoes, etc. I say it is reasonable because combined with a serious exercise regimen I lost 40 pounds in less than four months and went to 176. All of which is to say there is plenty of weight to be lost and from now until August is the time for him to do it, before rigorous football drills begin. The downside to the diet is one gets sick of looking at green stuff on his plate. It's just to say that is not a far-fetched or unreasonable goal given his size now.