Spring game

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It should have been blown dead. It wasn't and the mutts took advantage. The rest is history. Shoulda fought back and won anyway but fell short.

As cheese alluded to...if you aren't actively in the pile u should be playing safety and prepared to make a play just in case. (But that's also Monday morning quarterbacking in this case also). Play looked dead and whistles are hard to hear when 92,000 are making noise.

Let's get some of that home field advantage working at BDS@HGF this year. (and make as much noise as possible in the Dome vs UT....I'm not planning to talk much on Sundays and Mondays following game days)

calvin forever

Georgia Tech Fan
I'm as big a GT homer as you'll find, but it didn't happen that way. The refs did not signal play over, none of them were pulling guys off the pile. They failed to whistle the play dead, but I'm not sure that wasn't appropriate now that I've viewed the replay several times. Yes, the ball was on the ground for a long time and it appeared the mutt pulled the ball away from another guy on the ground, but you can't actually see it in anyone's possession. Furthermore, there was a ref standing directly over the play right where the ball was pulled out/picked up. If anybody had a clear view of the play, he did. If someone blew the call by not blowing the whistle, it was him. Here's the play, it's at the 1:13:00 mark.

The only thing that suggests he ripped it away from somebody on the ground is the apparent force it took to do so. He obviously didn't just pick up the ball sitting on the ground.

Looking at the replay, it appears you're right. Guess I don't have to take that grudge to the grave after all.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Doesnt matter. We are talking quality of coaching. Roof is bad. And in 20 years he has had only 2 defenses ranked in the top 30. 2. In 20 years. He is avg at best.

Keep piping the talent is the issue. We are ranked bottom consistently. In 2014, when we were ranked in the 100s in many categories. We had 4 nfl players on that d. 4. Yet we were ranked at the bottom of all the ncaa. Yes. Its the talent.

His scheme is the issue. Its why we dont get pressure. Its why we are bad at 3rd down rate. And tackle for loss. Go look at his time at other schools. They had the same issue.

No. We arent top 10. But we are good enough to be around top 40 most years. Not 70. 80. 90. Etc
How about another subject other than how bad you hate Roof. That broken record's getting really old.

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Criticism of Roof is warranted even if I disagree with much of the reasoning. He has to succeed more to silence the critics. I think he will.
I don't have a problem with the criticism, coaches understand that's part of it. My problem is with the guy who continues to pyle on with every post. We understand his position on the subject. Please move on. It's the off season for God's sake.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The most recent recruiting class won't show much benefit this year. More so next year and primarily the following year.

The most I hope for from true frosh is in injection of improvement at a spot, two max, on either side of the ball. There is just too dang much to learn as a true frosh imo. If true frosh are making impacts your upperclassmen are sorely lacking typically.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Why did I put myself through the torture of watching the game? Man, Reggie terrible inside lob pass when CJ had the DB beat inside and terrible deep pass from where CJ was wide open. I guess I had revisionist history about that fumble play too bc from the sideline it looked we had clear possession and it should've been blown dead