Spring Game Postgame Thread

Milwaukee

Banned
The good - nice turnout and spirited crowd, some nice offensive football on display. This offense, much like Johnson's is QB dependent, and we will only be as good as our QB is. We have some good QB's but not one that is championship caliber right now. The line was good at times. The receivers looked to be much better than past years. The band was rocking and in mid season form. The National anthem was great.

The bad - incessant lousy music throughout the entire game. As my old friend, Doggy used to say, "For God's sake play some Lynard Skynard!" The defense looked uninspired and I hope they were instructed to take it easy for they surely looked like they were taking the night off. Defensive line looked pedestrian. The running backs, who appear talented, were rarely featured. We have a log jam there and unless something changes we will be wasting a significant part of our talent.

The ugly - those gold uniforms were butt ugly. It looked like a bunch of tamales running around out there. I pray that was a bad experiment that will be flushed. Those would make good bonfire material.

Looks like it will take a few years to see if the Collins era will be a success or just another passing fancy. I would advise him to focus on the defense where he has a track record for producing aggressive, solid performance. If what I saw last night is where we are right now of defense, he best get to work and teach these boys how to get to the ball and bring some wood. The offense has potential but looks to be wasting a lot of the running back game. We need to be able to make a yard down in the red zone and to me it looks like we are setting up to emulate the Falcons who can't run the ball at all in short yardage situations.

Well regardless, I will be there rooting for the Yellow Jackets come hell or high water.

Go Jackets!

Defense played a vanilla 5 base sets, we're not going to show anything on film. Also, the days of the music being catered to your crowd are over and it's never coming back. Only the old people want to hear Foghat, Lynyrd Skynard, Alabama, and the Eagles. And even when the older crowd is enjoying it they're damn sure not getting crunk and getting others into it. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but the young crowd dictates everything with the music because they actually get a little hype going; swaying and chanting and what not.

Lucky for me I like all genres. I can smoke a bowl and get down on some Clapton and I can smoke a spliff and get turnt up on some Vica Versa by Pastor Troy. Why am I so blessed?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Generally speaking, regardless of the color, unis with the same color jerseys and pants don't look good. I didn't like blue on blue, and not just because it was blue, and I don't like gold on gold. The white team's unis looked much better, because of the contrast between the jerseys and pants, plus the numbers were outlined on those white jerseys.
I know lol I’m just giving you a hard time

Milwaukee

Banned
I think it was meant as a tribute. Then again, I’m not sure it actually played out that way.

The only people who didn't see it as a tribute are the people upset that Paul Johnson quit his job. The Tech fanbase thought it was a silly little fun thing to kick off the night. Knowing Paul, he probably chuckled at it himself. You have to remember, Geoff has a tremendous amount of respect for Paul. Hell, that guy is a HOF coach. Geoff wasn't doing that to throw shade, it was just a fun little "Hey, haven't seen this in a while have you?" for the fans.

Milwaukee

Banned
Seriously, and you know how much I like gold, in person, those were drab, lifeless uniforms.

Damnit they looked so good and dark under the lights, and the numbers were crystal clear. That leads me to believe that the guys up in the booth calling the games will be okay with them therefore we won't change them. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I'll let you borrow my new range-finder for the home games if you can't see the numbers ;)

Damnit they looked so good and dark under the lights, and the numbers were crystal clear. That leads me to believe that the guys up in the booth calling the games will be okay with them therefore we won't change them. That's what I'm hoping anyway. I'll let you borrow my new range-finder for the home games if you can't see the numbers ;)
I can see the numbers, and I'm glad they were white rather than blue, but I definitely think they need to be outlined. IMO they would just look sharper with the outlines. But again, I just thought they looked drab. Leaving aside the fact that I detest blue, the all blue unis in the bowl game were drab too.....just no life to them.

Milwaukee

Banned
You think that’s bad I have a 22 year old daughter in nursing school at Mich St, a son that’ll be 5 in June and twin girls that turned 3 this past December and I’m only 41 (42 in July).......

Damn bro I thought you were mid-thirties? You didn't waste much time cranking em out I see. I'm getting a ton of pressure to have kids and I just can't budge. Absolutely hate kids. I'm a grown kid myself and that's plenty. I love my nephew and nieces but I can only stomach them in 20 minute intervals. lmao

Milwaukee

Banned
I was a BIG CPJ fan, and I hated that he retired, but I loved the fake lineup for the first play. I don't understand why anyone wouldn't.

Thought it would've been super cool for Paul to come out and call a play or two and for us to at least stop the game for 30 sec and let the crowd stand up and show love.