Spring Game Postgame Thread

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Did you notice Bobby Ross's Gold GT Nike Polo? I own about 4 navy GT Nike polos and 4 white GT Nike polos and 2 grey GT Nike polos but haven't been able to find the Gold Nike one he was rocking down on the field.
Foreal never seen that thing anywhere

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
LJ looked like a qb last spring and continued to do so today. I liked how cerebral he looked as he took what the defense allowed and marched downfield time and time. Showed a lot of poise as well.
Graham looks explosive. If he was allowed to run it would have been a different game. I could also clearly see his limitations as far as ready coverage and making the right reads.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Was Great to see the turnout and watch BDS fill up after we got sat down early for the Wristband. Also the crowd reaction to the first play was awesome and thought it was a nice touch to get everyone excited. There’s really no reason to not be exited and feel good about our future. I can’t wait for the fall now, the longest part of the offseason starts tomorrow.

Milwaukee

Banned
I think it would be hilarious to do that on 8/29. Line up in the Flexbone TO, they expect us to shift out of it, instead we go in motion, fake the Jet and pass over the CB to Camp streaking down the sideline.

If I'm DP I don't know why you seriously wouldn't keep a package of our flexbone with a whole bevy of plays. The players know it, it's smash mouth, and can come in handy. Especially in short yardage since it looks like he may not ever go under center (of course this was just a scrimmage and they didn't wanna show a ton of looks). We were ridiculously vanilla on D and very much so on O as well. We don't want too much tape to be out on us. But why not incorporate a flexbone package with Tobias under center, Benson/Howard/Griffin at BB, and Griffin/Cottrell/Jarrett at AB for certain situations. It would be a great opportunity imho. 2, 3, 4 times a game in short yardage situations. Would give defenses absolute fits after scheming for the spread read option 4 wide attack all game.

Maybe I'm overthinking it. But I wanna see us under center and able to play some power football. You can't win against the big boys going 4 wide and trying to run the ball in short yardage situations from the gun.

Time will tell. I want a true multiple offense. I'm not going to be happy if we never go under center and try to run the zone reads EAST/WEST style running attack without attacking the line of scrimmage. I think it would be super cool to Paul and he could even consult just on a small package of plays. That's how you leverage everything you have at your fingertips, Geoff. Paul can still help us imo.

Last edited:

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
had a great time but traffic sucked big time on l-75 coming home
Time to move in-town and start biking :) got bike-to-door in 14 minutes.

Glad the jerseys seem to be popular. Best jerseys I've ever seen us wear...they are sleek, traditional, impressionable, and they are uniquely ours. Disagree about white pants though - gold jerseys, gold pants.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I'm overthinking it. But I wanna see us under center and able to play some power football. You can't win against the big boys going 4 wide and trying to run the ball in short yardage situations from the gun.

Time will tell. I want a true multiple offense. I'm not going to be happy if we never go under center and try to run the zone reads EAST/WEST style running attack without attacking the line of scrimmage. I think it would be super cool to Paul and he could even consult just on a small package of plays. That's how you leverage everything you have at your fingertips, Geoff. Paul can still help us imo.

Completely agree with this.

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Just got back from the game after sitting in I-75 north traffic for an hour (thanks GDOT). And after I-75 south traffic for an hour on the way down (Thanks bad drivers for the fender bender). Atmosphere was great. Glad to see the Parking lots and lower levels full of people. I was hoping 20,000 or so would show up and we got 21,000+ according to the pa announcer. Pretty good turnout! I knew the 30,000 number would be ambitious. Guys seemed to be playing free and very energetic. This is about 10 or so spring games in a row for my crew I think, but this one felt different. Loved every minute of it. Can’t wait for more.

Ya know, I thought so as well, but man after looking at these...with this new Tech Gold (finally) this **** was poppin. These looked GOOD. No outline even needed.

Geoff if your minions are combing this board please know that we want those Gold jerseys tonight un-altered rolled out for gameday. Those were fantastic work from Adidas. Finally.
To me, the gold jerseys were ok at best. They definitely didn't "pop" from the stands, and I do think the numbers need outlines. I didn't really like the all-gold look at all. It needed something to make it look like more than just a solid-color uniform. Not sure that gold matched the gold pants of the white team; the white team pants seemed shinier, like what we used to have. I still think Adidas has a LONG LONG way to go.