Spring Game Friday 4/20 at 7pm

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Which is just so frustrating as a fan

He prefers them to 3:30 and to be honest not sure I don't even as a fan. noon or 7:30 is better than 3:30 seeing that in georgia that is usually the hottest part of the afternoon in the the late summer early spring.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a season ticket holder anymore as I live too far for that, but if I was, I can build a good argument for noon games. Here's the daily rundown:

7:00 am: Wake and dress in your finest game day white and gold
8:00 am: Breakfast of fried eggs (they're white and gold!), bacon, grits, fruit juice and hot coffee!
9:00 am: Pack any last minute items/coolers. Most of the tailgating stuff gets packed the night before.
9:30 am: Head to campus
10:00 to noon: Arrive to campus depending on how far away you live. Set up you tailgate, no cooking, all that good stuff is for the post game tailgate. Have a few adult bev's, throw the ol' pigskin around or walk around campus, check out the bookstore, listen to the band, etc, etc, etc...
noon - 4:00pm: Watch the greatest team on earth play in the greatest stadium on earth with 50,000 buzzin' yellow jackets, lovin' every minute of it!
4:00 pm - ?: Break out the whiskey clear and have one helluva post game tailgate while everybody else sits in traffic cussin' the jerk who won't let 'em in the lane they need to be in.

What could be finer?

I'm not a season ticket holder anymore as I live too far for that, but if I was, I can build a good argument for noon games. Here's the daily rundown:

8:00 am: Breakfast of fried eggs (they're white and gold!), bacon, grits, fruit juice and hot coffee!
9:00 am: Pack any last minute items/coolers. Most of the tailgating stuff gets packed the night before.
10:00 to noon: Arrive to campus depending on how far away you live. Set up you tailgate, no cooking, all that good stuff is for the post game tailgate. Have a few adult bev's, throw the ol' pigskin around or walk around campus, check out the bookstore, listen to the band, etc, etc, etc...
noon - 4:00pm: Watch the greatest team on earth play in the greatest stadium on earth with 50,000 buzzin' yellow jackets, lovin' every minute of it!
4:00 pm - ?: Break out the whiskey clear and have one helluva post game tailgate while everybody else sits in traffic cussin' the jerk who won't let 'em in the lane they need to be in.

What could be finer?
There is never much post-game tailgating at games (probably anywhere). And fans coming from out of town would generally prefer to hit the road, possibly even getting home in time for dinner. Personally I think post-game tailgating COULD be a lot of fun, but few people do it.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
There is never much post-game tailgating at games (probably anywhere). And fans coming from out of town would generally prefer to hit the road, possibly even getting home in time for dinner. Personally I think post-game tailgating COULD be a lot of fun, but few people do it.

Be the change you want to see in the world..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MidtownJacket

Staff member
None of the people I tailgate with hang around after the game, and, quite frankly, I just want to get home (2 1/2 hour drive).

The longer drive makes sense. I moved out west to Texas so haven’t been to a game at Tech since 2016, but will say I love the idea of tailgating after our game, drinking a cold beer and listening to other games on radio/tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am 6 hours away and stay with in-laws for games. MARTA to game, Varsity lunch, stop by frat before game then game. MARTA is crowded after game but can catch either train to Linbergh. I had a parking pass to UGA game and traffic was horrible getting off campus. Night games are the best at BDS.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

What could be finer?
Sorry u are too far.
We are aways away too (pensacola), but since we lived in texas for so long we come every game we can. We used to try to cram in stuff in AM before game but have decided to stay over after game. Since we dont know game time we book rooms on night before and night of game. We see some event or have great meal in Atl the day before. After game we have found some tailgating friends we share spicy steamed shrimp for beer and brats. You are right.
"Clearly great way to relax after the game."

One thing to add pregame is the Player walk up!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
He prefers them to 3:30 and to be honest not sure I don't even as a fan. noon or 7:30 is better than 3:30 seeing that in georgia that is usually the hottest part of the afternoon in the the late summer early spring.

3:30 is better than noon on sunny days....in the West stands anyway ;)

Cloudy days I’ll agree noon will be milder during the entirety of the game.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn’t it be nice if Tech alumni clubs within, say, 4-hour drives from Atlanta would put together day bus trips for the spring game? That could be a big boost. That might encourage Tech to schedule the spring game mid-afternoon on Saturdays...