Spring game 2016

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Imo
While the offense did not look good, the defense looked good because
1. They practice against the offense day after day.
2 The play calling was vanilla ( pulling guards, counter, t) to avoid injury.
3. Vanilla play calling let the defense play physical.
4 defense physically superior to defense.
5 passing timing & accuacry was poor.
6. Spring game.
7. Offense line needs to get stronger.

Typical spring = all fixable with off season coach preparation and intense work outs.

Defense showed some signs

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I guess I shouldn't be so passionate about GT football. I'm just a sidewalk fan but would've liked to see a better crowd and performance.
I'm a sidewalk fan as well, and very passionate, but I don't take worrying about UGA fans laughing as being passionate. I will agree that it would have been nice to have more people there but I'm still not going to let it upset me, I'm just worried about the regular season, but I definitely see what you are saying. I didn't mean for my first comment to come across as being a jerk.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If you went to or watched the game expecting a seamless, well oiled machine you haven't watched much spring ball. When I go to a spring game I tend to focus on individuals, I guess it's the old coach in me. I can't ever remember seeing a spring game that I came away impressed with the team play, all the players are ready to get it over with and begin prep for when it counts.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
The guys looked like they had no desire to be out there on offense. Glanton was called numerous times at least so that's a good sign. Saint Amour looks the part as well.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Who cares? If we go out and handle our buisness during the season it doesn't really matter what other fans or recruits do.

But we are not handling our business. In 8 years 2-6 vs Miami, VTech and uga each. Now losing TIAR vs both puke & unc.

The answer to a legitimate press question - "I guess" is crap. Saban wouldn't even do that.

Rock

Ramblin' Wreck
Boring.
D is outstanding or O is awful. QB play wasn't outstanding from anyone. I agree with the previous poster that JT doesn't look like a guy that has run this O for 3 years. Either the talent he had 2 years ago around him made him look that good or he just doesn't care anymore. He better be glad he had blue shirt on.

Some of you were praising TM at QB. He better hope he gets to run a lot. Can't throw for crap.

O line sucked IMO.
Dropped pass resulted in CPJ, saying "F it, I give up".
What does that say to your players?

D looked strong. Some flashes of playmakers on D.

Just my .02.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
People need to be reminded that this was not an actual football game. It was a scrimmage. It's spring training. You can't try to evaluate a unit, you can only evaluate individual players. My thoughts:
-MLD was lined up at WR most of the time. It was weird.
-CC and Manny Bridges made some nice tackles on defense
-Dedrick Mills did the best today imo. He hit the hole with no hesitation and can juke a little. Think laskey with a little more shiftiness.
-TaQuan will be a very good QB, but he needs to redshirt this year and log a lot of practice hours.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
I went to the game. I found it to be somewhat boring. Sorry for the negative comment. Jmo.

This. I know these types of games are basically impossible to base the season on but if the Offense plays like this when the season starts, then expect another 3-9 season..O-line pass blocking is absolutely atrocious..honestly at this point I blame the coaches..the players just don't seem to get it.

I hope they prove me wrong. I think we have some really good talent and depth though on both sides of the ball.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I think the offense made the defense look really good. I hope it was the defense making the offense look really bad but I doubt it. Glanton, Branch, TM, and Mills exceeded my expectations but we have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball. Defense did show some good improvement but it's hard to judge until we play somebody else. BC will be a really good test for our offense and our defense should be able to keep us in that game.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
This. I know these types of games are basically impossible to base the season on but if the Offense plays like this when the season starts, then expect another 3-9 season..O-line pass blocking is absolutely atrocious..honestly at this point I blame the coaches..the players just don't seem to get it.

I hope they prove me wrong. I think we have some really good talent and depth though on both sides of the ball.

As I saw it pass pro was uneven, there were a numbers of times when the QBs had a good pocket but held the ball because no one was open. Improvement needed? Of course but it wasn't all jailbreaks out there.