Spain trip

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Cole scored probably 6-8 of those points in the last 6 minutes or so. Nice cut to the rim for a dunk and a couple midrange jumpers. I agreed with C62, it was hard to take much away. We looked amped in the beginning, jet lagged in the middle and finished strong
One thing that surprised me was how much playing time Asanti Price received with the first unit. He’s taller than I expected, and he’s a pretty good looking athlete. Long arms. Smooth looking shot as well, although they were not falling today.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
One thing that surprised me was how much playing time Asanti Price received with the first unit. He’s taller than I expected, and he’s a pretty good looking athlete. Long arms. Smooth looking shot as well, although they were not falling today.
The transition to the longer 3 may be more difficult for Price coming out of the HS line at the top of the key. You can tell by the videos we saw last year that he is very athletic. He is listed at 6-5 175, so I hope Parham gets a waiver and Asanti can Redshirt. It would be nice for him to start getting mail in the weight room to add some bulk.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
FYI: Ga. Southern is also part of the multitude of teams playing the various Spaniard teams. Played them last week. Southern (which should be very good this season) won all 3 or 4 games by double digits.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I may be wrong about this, but I believe Shembari, Sjolund, and Moore are the three key question mark players for this season. I expect Jose, Michael, James, and Moses to play at or above their 2018 level. These other three, along with Usher (and Parham if he can play) need to log effective minutes this year. So it is good to see they all played reasonably well. Did you not have an opinion about Cole's play? I would love to see how the minutes were distributed.

Which Moses are you referring to - the first 20 game Moses or the last 3-4 game Moses. Assuming the last 3-4 game Moses is what we are going to get as a basecase assumption is a bit risky at this point - IMHO.

Rzunz

Jolly Good Fellow
Which Moses are you referring to - the first 20 game Moses or the last 3-4 game Moses. Assuming the last 3-4 game Moses is what we are going to get as a basecase assumption is a bit risky at this point - IMHO.
Lots of options it appears & some solid players. And I think some strong leaders as well. Kinda why I wasn’t too upset at the outcome of recruiting this year since we have so many returnees who can play. I do realize however that recruiting is the lifeblood of the program getting better and sustaining a new winning reputation. I am glad we got Price. I think he’s gonna be good. Our sophs this year could be really special!

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
The Moses that keeps his motor running all the time while he is on court. That is what CJP told him he had to do to get more minutes and the kid heard him well.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk