South Florida playing now

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
We will see. I don't think our run game is as good this year either, but we could be. I generally think Wisconsin would do to us what they're doing to USF. I hope to heck we boatrace them - we should be capable of doing it.

Could be.

But we have only played one game and we rushed foe more yardage vs that team than we did last year.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
So in watching USF it is clear to me how we win this game. Run the ball. They seem to have no answer for it much like last year. This game is one where we do not need to prove we can throw it. Also I think our secondary will give Bortles fits. I see a win here.
I hope we don't have to face the Rams until mid-season. Bortles would be a real issue for us.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
See this drives me nuts. There’s all this talk about “letting go” and not bringing up the old coach from those who think he sucked. But here, in this thread, where no one said anything good or bad about him, one of the loudest critics brings him up to jab another poster. And I see this more than I see the other way around happening.

See if that holds true if we don’t beat usf.

Even though we lost to CU (like last year), and even if we lose to usf (like last year), and even after not showing up in Athens, and even after getting curb stomped by Minnesota.

But, I expect to win every game regardless.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
This is a must win, imo. Clemson can be sluffed off with "But they're the defending national champions....." This game, no excuse will stick. Any excuse for a loss will be laughed off the board, well, after the tears have dried.

USF just got humiliated at home in a game their program had high hopes of being a program definer. If we struggle against this bottom feeder, what does that say about us?

That said, I expect us to win and do so handily.

What did it say about us last year?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
MAYBE a long year, but I hardly think losing the second game of this season will dictate our performance for the next two years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I said something similar to Bill Curry once in 1984. He said “b.s. Tech fans have got to learn that this game means we won or lost this game only, and has NOTHING to do with the rest of the season”.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Did you watch the game last year? You do realize we gave them back to back kick off return td's and made other critical mistakes including a late game fumble on a go-ahead drive to hand them the game on a silver platter? And... after all those gifts we still had a chance to win at the end. Other than these handful of incredibly boneheaded plays, we had our way with them. USF just got blanked and embarrassed AT HOME in a game they thought they would win and propel them into the national conversation. All that carries a lot more weight than a non-contextual point total from last year.

And the irony of you using the term "fanboy" is rich. LOL.

OMG, I just checked the box score, we had over 600 total yards against those clowns.

And LOST.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
See if that holds true if we don’t beat usf.

Even though we lost to CU (like last year), and even if we lose to usf (like last year), and even after not showing up in Athens, and even after getting curb stomped by Minnesota.

But, I expect to win every game regardless.

I don’t appreciate the posters that seem to want CGC to fail any more than you.

My point is that there is far more bringing up the old coach by those who never liked the guy anyway, than from those who did like him. The post I quoted is a perfect example.

This is what plays out:

Poster A: “blah blah blah CPJ sucked blah blah”

Poster B: “well here’s why I think you’re wrong”

Poster A: “why can’t you let go of the past and support the new coach?!?!”

stech81

Helluva Engineer

My point is that there is far more bringing up the old coach by those who never liked the guy anyway, than from those who did like him. The post I quoted is a perfect example.

This is what plays out:

I don't think he wants CGC to fail. He just wants to see us win . If I'm wrong then he can say. But if I remember right he didn't like it when CPJ lost a game

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer

This is what plays out:

Ok i’m not the 1st poster A but def the 2nd one.

I got a warning and post deleted yesterday for “trolling” the cultCPJ crowd but i see it in practically every thread, and yes from both camps.

Milwaukee

Banned

This is what plays out:

This is a joke, right? You cited one example and used it as the majority vote. I’m a pj fanboy myself but the pro pj crowd is the most annoying through this transition in my opinion. That’s just my personal opinion. And boy oh boy they’re posting now that we lost a game, which bothers me but it shouldn’t. There are literally multiple clowns saying the 2nd game of his career is make or break for Collins’ tenure. Do you understand how asinine that is? They’re just a bunch of trolls. You, like me and others here, are mostly seeing what you want to see and thinking it’s the majority. But both sides are annoying as hell.

LibertyTurns

Banned
You only covered the PJ haters. You have to include a list for the lovers or this is a major fail but I like where your heads at.
Didn’t include them because at this point it’s really irrelevant but here goes:

A. Nobody did a better job of doing more with less & we need to erect a statue and rename the Edge Center. Sewak’s a freaking genius and all women should want his baby.
B. We had a superior offensive scheme just had bad luck with injuries. A couple more years & the NFL would have been running it. And people have not caught on to play 20yds off the line of scrimmage on defense is the ultimate bend but don’t break strategy.
C. Our players were systematically underrated by all the recruiting services because GT fans are too cheap to pay for subscription services and too busy with all their massive responsibilities to read them. The new guys are now just being overrated in order to give current GT fans a false sense of something good happening. The boom will be lowered later.
D. Everybody cut blocks they just call penalties on GT & they only call them at the exact precise time to cause GT to lose. Don’t even talk to me about holding.
E. Despite our ACTUAL record we were always much better than the results indicated. Refer to items B & D. There’s also the automatic reduce GT’s ranking by 20 spots or so dynamic so you have to account for that. ACC screwed us on scheduling to boot. Fair scheduling & we probably win a Natty.
F. With all the injured players coming back, this year was THE year we were going to breakout.
G. Russell saved us a lot of money. Nothing speaks envy than a library geek sporting the newest in 1983 Russell attire.
H. Screw the 404 & Atlanta. People should recognize we’re superior and beg to be fans of GT.
I. Lastly, we love being ****ing miserable. It reminds us of DefBods, Boolean Algebra, and a whole host of other damn technical classes normal mortals only dream about plus getting shafted when we least deserved it. **** all this positive crap. Be a miserable GT fan like the 130 years of poor despicable bastards than came before us.

Milwaukee

Banned
Didn’t include them because at this point it’s really irrelevant but here goes:

A. Nobody did a better job of doing more with less & we need to erect a statue and rename the Edge Center. Sewak’s a freaking genius and all women should want his baby.
B. We had a superior offensive scheme just had bad luck with injuries. A couple more years & the NFL would have been running it. And people have not caught on to play 20yds off the line of scrimmage on defense is the ultimate bend but don’t break strategy.
C. Our players were systematically underrated by all the recruiting services because GT fans are too cheap to pay for subscription services and too busy with all their massive responsibilities to read them. The new guys are now just being overrated in order to give current GT fans a false sense of something good happening. The boom will be lowered later.
D. Everybody cut blocks they just call penalties on GT & they only call them at the exact precise time to cause GT to lose. Don’t even talk to me about holding.
E. Despite our ACTUAL record we were always much better than the results indicated. Refer to items B & D. There’s also the automatic reduce GT’s ranking by 20 spots or so dynamic so you have to account for that. ACC screwed us on scheduling to boot. Fair scheduling & we probably win a Natty.
F. With all the injured players coming back, this year was THE year we were going to breakout.
G. Russell saved us a lot of money. Nothing speaks envy than a library geek sporting the newest in 1983 Russell attire.
H. Screw the 404 & Atlanta. People should recognize we’re superior and beg to be fans of GT.
I. Lastly, we love being ****ing miserable. It reminds us of DefBods, Boolean Algebra, and a whole host of other damn technical classes normal mortals only dream about plus getting shafted when we least deserved it. **** all this positive crap. Be a miserable GT fan like the 130 years of poor despicable bastards than came before us.

You sir have won Swarm today. We need to merge your haters and lovers posts into one massive fantastic post and put it on the masthead until Saturday.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Seriously? You talk about all the excuses people are gonna come up with after next week when you were always full of excuses after every one of your boys loss. Example above in quoted post^^ Im not about to get in an argument with you though so have a good one.

^Starts an argument...is asked for clarity to discuss the point....runs for cover...(y)