South Florida playing now

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
This is a must win, imo. Clemson can be sluffed off with "But they're the defending national champions....." This game, no excuse will stick. Any excuse for a loss will be laughed off the board, well, after the tears have dried.

USF just got humiliated at home in a game their program had high hopes of being a program definer. If we struggle against this bottom feeder, what does that say about us?

That said, I expect us to win and do so handily.
I think GT can beat USF but whether they do it or not is a different thing entirely:cigar:

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
This game has been a must win since September last year. Nothing has changed except both coaching staffs have seen major turnover. Lose this game and it’s going to be a loooooooooong 3 years.

MAYBE a long year, but I hardly think losing the second game of this season will dictate our performance for the next two years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t see how you ascribe must win status to a game for a guy in his first year against a team that beat us the year prior. That’s ludicrous and exposes the bs these CPJ fanboys are running with.
Last year was a must win and we lost. And now cpj is gone. So why don’t you stop bringing him up? Transition year or not. South Florida is awful. If we don’t win at home it looks very poorly on The team. Not end all be all. Just a bad loss like it as last year.

Milwaukee

Banned
I don’t see how you ascribe must win status to a game for a guy in his first year against a team that beat us the year prior. That’s ludicrous and exposes the bs these CPJ fanboys are running with.

Yea it’s actually funny that they don’t think fans can see right through them lmao.

We better win or Collins sucks.
Then if we win, well we should’ve won because they suck.

Lol do some of you think people can’t easily notice how purposely childish you’re being? Buncha thumbsuckers.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Did you watch the game last year? You do realize we gave them back to back kick off return td's and made other critical mistakes including a late game fumble on a go-ahead drive to hand them the game on a silver platter? And... after all those gifts we still had a chance to win at the end. Other than these handful of incredibly boneheaded plays, we had our way with them. USF just got blanked and embarrassed AT HOME in a game they thought they would win and propel them into the national conversation. All that carries a lot more weight than a non-contextual point total from last year.

And the irony of you using the term "fanboy" is rich. LOL.

OMG, I just checked the box score, we had over 600 total yards against those clowns.

Last edited:

Milwaukee

Banned
You do realize we gave them back to back kick off return td's and made other critical mistakes including a fumble as we were on our way to late game score to hand them the game on a silver platter?

Bud you should step away from the computer today. Read some of the stuff you’re typing this morning. Had they not scored FORTY NINE points we had them lol. You’re staying on message I’ll give you that.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
This is a must win, imo. Clemson can be sluffed off with "But they're the defending national champions....." This game, no excuse will stick. Any excuse for a loss will be laughed off the board, well, after the tears have dried.

USF just got humiliated at home in a game their program had high hopes of being a program definer. If we struggle against this bottom feeder, what does that say about us?

That said, I expect us to win and do so handily.
Every game is a must win you only play 12 it's not like baseball you don't have time to regroup

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
Let's just hope CGC keeps them humble ( they should be after 52-14) and working hard. Don't take ANY team for granted, EVER, no matter how bad they looked the week prior. USF may be ready to punch someone in the mouth. Young player's mindsets are a fickle thing, IMO. We could come out flat....we have ALL seen that happen.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Ok, no more commentary from me on this scenario. It’s nearly impossible to have a dialogue about the team or program direction with the CPJ haters and the CPJ lovers squaring off. It appears we can’t just be GT fans, so here’s my loyalty declaration:

A. Every player on the previous team sucks, so did the scheme & so did the coach and the entire staff. They didn’t do **** and time to move on.
B. Every newly recruited player is a MAJOR upgrade from the Non-P5 ready players that are still occupying spots on the Team. Hopefully we can process them all out so in the next year or so then we can start winning big.
C. I declare we’re playing Big Time football. I’m glad we no longer play the HS football we’ve been playing because it destroyed the program and we’re now lucky to beat Gardner Webb.
D. The record we have not yet amassed in clear evidence of massive improvement. We’re only going to win 1 or 2 games this season max, so anything north of that is huge coaching prowess validation.
E. Now that we don’t have Russell we’re massively better. 3 stripe all the way Baby!
F. I’m going to buy a 404 hat & shirt.

Did I get everything?

inGTwetrust

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok, no more commentary from me on this scenario. It’s nearly impossible to have a dialogue about the team or program direction with the CPJ haters and the CPJ lovers squaring off. It appears we can’t just be GT fans, so here’s my loyalty declaration:

A. Every player on the previous team sucks, so did the scheme & so did the coach and the entire staff. They didn’t do **** and time to move on.
B. Every newly recruited player is a MAJOR upgrade from the Non-P5 ready players that are still occupying spots on the Team. Hopefully we can process them all out so in the next year or so then we can start winning big.
C. I declare we’re playing Big Time football. I’m glad we no longer play the HS football we’ve been playing because it destroyed the program and we’re now lucky to beat Gardner Webb.
D. The record we have not yet amassed in clear evidence of massive improvement. We’re only going to win 1 or 2 games this season max, so anything north of that is huge coaching prowess validation.
E. Now that we don’t have Russell we’re massively better. 3 stripe all the way Baby!
F. I’m going to buy a 404 hat & shirt.

Did I get everything?
Not enough navy.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys the USF wr’s dropped at least 3 deep balls that were right in the hands and I only watched 2 quarters.

I got the impression they had been doing that prior to me watching given the comments by the play by play crew.

If they hang on to just 2 of those, that would have been a different game.

Don’t sleep on this team, they aren’t as bad as the score