South Florida playing now

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
USF’s qb is way better than ours, thats a huge advantage, their receivers dropped a ton of easy passes last night

Milwaukee

Banned
Ok, no more commentary from me on this scenario. It’s nearly impossible to have a dialogue about the team or program direction with the CPJ haters and the CPJ lovers squaring off. It appears we can’t just be GT fans, so here’s my loyalty declaration:

A. Every player on the previous team sucks, so did the scheme & so did the coach and the entire staff. They didn’t do **** and time to move on.
B. Every newly recruited player is a MAJOR upgrade from the Non-P5 ready players that are still occupying spots on the Team. Hopefully we can process them all out so in the next year or so then we can start winning big.
C. I declare we’re playing Big Time football. I’m glad we no longer play the HS football we’ve been playing because it destroyed the program and we’re now lucky to beat Gardner Webb.
D. The record we have not yet amassed in clear evidence of massive improvement. We’re only going to win 1 or 2 games this season max, so anything north of that is huge coaching prowess validation.
E. Now that we don’t have Russell we’re massively better. 3 stripe all the way Baby!
F. I’m going to buy a 404 hat & shirt.

Did I get everything?

You only covered the PJ haters. You have to include a list for the lovers or this is a major fail but I like where your heads at.

slugboy

Staff member
I’ll be there for a weeding. Can I steam to my phone?

Either that’s autocorrect, or you’ve got some steampunk gardening coming up.

==== break to general stuff not in response to this =====

I wouldn’t put this in “must win” territory, but it’s in “could win” and possibly in “should win” territory. Most of the pundits and journalists and people who follow the sport that aren’t specifically GT fans have USF as a better and more talented team than us this year. The implosion they’re going through is good timing for us.

It’s a good sign for a team when your opponent is in trouble and you can hand them more trouble. I’ve watched too many GT games where we threw a life preserver to a Chuck Amato or other coach who was busy wrecking their team. Part of a good record is upset wins and gutty wins against good opponents; part of it is capitalizing on teams in disarray. Hopefully we do that.

It’s our second game and Collins has a habit of starting slowly. That’s a reason for concern in this game.

I really want to see us improve from last week and fix a bunch of our mistakes. I’d like a better offensive game plan than last week.

Winning not through luck but by playing fundamentally better—better reads, more accurate passes, beating your opponent straight up—is the best outcome.

Next to that, I’m not sure if I’d rather see us play well and have bad luck or play badly and win ugly. Whatever builds the team up for the future, I guess.

This is definitely the game I want to see us step up on offense and special teams for. I want to see those areas play a lot better than they did on Thursday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If we lose next weekend against this team... holy hell.
Can u imagine the dismay of the
I love all the pregame excuse making already happening. Why wait till afterwards?
This was a no excuse game last year. We as a team were the wisconsin that lost that game.

It gave C Strong another year.

The team (coaches included) did not speak a word till they got off bus.

Will we coach ourselves into a defeat.? Last year we had set ol, qb, bb, ab, wr and despite injuries we ran them off the field ( c strong is not a good coach). Then the d gave them time to pass long and he did.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know that I would call it a must win but we are likely looking at a pretty dreadful season if we can’t beat these guys. Judging by the Clemson game, run defense seems to be a problem for us. This team can’t run the ball.

Deleted member 2897

I don’t know that I would call it a must win but we are likely looking at a pretty dreadful season if we can’t beat these guys. Judging by the Clemson game, run defense seems to be a problem for us. This team can’t run the ball.

USF, Temple, UNC, Duke, Pitt, all tossups. Possibly VaTech and Virginia too, maybe even Miami. To win 5-7 games, you have to win many of those tossups. So yea exactly - if we start losing tossups it will be a bad sign.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
USF, Temple, UNC, Duke, Pitt, all tossups. Possibly VaTech and Virginia too, maybe even Miami. To win 5-7 games, you have to win many of those tossups. So yea exactly - if we start losing tossups it will be a bad sign.
So much depends on whether we can improve pretty quickly from what we saw Thursday night.

I think our defense was solid in many ways.

IF our offense can develop beyond the simple spread option runs we saw last Thursday into a 21st century offense, then maybe those are toss-ups. We'll see pretty quickly, I think. If the offensive game plan in Game 2 is the same as Game 1 that will tell us a lot. If it is different, that will also tell us a lot.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Tech should have beaten USF last year. It was a black eye on the staff when we didn’t. Tech should beat USF this year. It would be a black on the staff if we don’t.

Game 2 won’t define the season either way. That’s always done now vs Duke. :rolleyes:
Sadly , I have to agree about me giving too much weight to a Duke victory. Yea, be happy but its only a game on the new path

alagold

Helluva Engineer
This will be schlock game between two STRUGGLING teams. Lets see what Vegas odds are. I hope we don't find a NEW way to lose like by missed FG at end. hmmm

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Did you watch the game last year? You do realize we gave them back to back kick off return td's and made other critical mistakes including a late game fumble on a go-ahead drive to hand them the game on a silver platter? And... after all those gifts we still had a chance to win at the end. Other than these handful of incredibly boneheaded plays, we had our way with them. USF just got blanked and embarrassed AT HOME in a game they thought they would win and propel them into the national conversation. All that carries a lot more weight than a non-contextual point total from last year.

And the irony of you using the term "fanboy" is rich. LOL.

OMG, I just checked the box score, we had over 600 total yards against those clowns.
This is why your comment yesterday was funny. You sure have alot of excuses for your lova boys L’s

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Seriously? You talk about all the excuses people are gonna come up with after next week when you were always full of excuses after every one of your boys loss. Example above in quoted post^^ Im not about to get in an argument with you though so have a good one.
Hey, you said my post from yesterday. My point about last year’s game is not to make excuses, but to point out we were a better team in spite of the loss. We gained 602 yards!!!!