Some of you guys are not religious

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Congratulations to the true National Champions...
...that won the big game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
...that beat a tough SEC opponent in the big game
...whose young, dynamic, Hawaiian quarterback led them to victory
...who finished undefeated (wait, what??)

Congratulations to UCF! You guys deserve it!
+1million

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Wow! My mistake on him getting playing time during the year. Guess i need watch something besides gt football and read the gtswarm. I maybe getting tunnel vision.

So based on what you say its possible to play more than one quarterback all season. No way that Al can switch qb. I had posted that on swarm we should try that. But then found out our run offense is the only one we can run and it is so complicated only the qb that starts the season can play.
I noticed that ALA got stuffed running against the ugag defense.
But passed for 170 ish yds in second half (0 points first half and 20 plus in second half).

Maybe next year in long yardage situations we will see a passing game instead of a throwing game.

We have subbed between QBs before...see Vad Lee era. Though granted not a ton, no dual headed QB, but we have done it. Also gave utilized short yardage QBs situationally.

Prior to last night Tua only really played in mop up duty. So it’s not like Saban has a history of this with his starter. It worked for one game, last night. Different team, different players, different situations. To imply their success in doing so last night proves it would have worked in prior situations for Tech is guesswork only.

But I too have wished to see CPJ pull the trigger a time or two when he didn’t, or did too late when a comeback was no longer possible. Me wishing to see it doesn’t mean it would have worked.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
We have subbed between QBs before...see Vad Lee era. Though granted not a ton, no dual headed QB, but we have done it. Also gave utilized short yardage QBs situationally.

Prior to last night Tua only really played in mop up duty. So it’s not like Saban has a history of this with his starter. It worked for one game, last night. Different team, different players, different situations. To imply their success in doing so last night proves it would have worked in prior situations for Tech is guesswork only.

But I too have wished to see CPJ pull the trigger a time or two when he didn’t, or did too late when a comeback was no longer possible. Me wishing to see it doesn’t mean it would have worked.
Kind of like " pulling the trigger" with a blitz on D to get a stop for loss or , heaven forbid, a TURNOVER ?? It might not always work , but ........

Saban pulls his starting QB in the title game and inserts a freshman, because Saban needs a better passing game, if he hopes to win. Saban wins NC. Johnson sticks with his usual "run, run, run, with occasional incomplete pass" game plan to a disappointing, losing season. Dare we hope that Coach Johnson learned something last night?

doubtful. CPJ's an offensive genius. If we'd had a few more qtrs against uga, those endless TQ Keepers would have worked, damnit.

mistaben

Georgia Tech Fan

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Wow! My mistake on him getting playing time during the year. Guess i need watch something besides gt football and read the gtswarm. I maybe getting tunnel vision.

So based on what you say its possible to play more than one quarterback all season. No way that Al can switch qb. I had posted that on swarm we should try that. But then found out our run offense is the only one we can run and it is so complicated only the qb that starts the season can play.
I noticed that ALA got stuffed running against the ugag defense.
But passed for 170 ish yds in second half (0 points first half and 20 plus in second half).

Maybe next year in long yardage situations we will see a passing game instead of a throwing game.
saban knew smart planned his for the RIGHT handed starter. simple. effective. and it caught the dwags licking their nads too soon in public ...AGAIN !!! heh

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Saban pulls his starting QB in the title game and inserts a freshman, because Saban needs a better passing game, if he hopes to win. Saban wins NC. Johnson sticks with his usual "run, run, run, with occasional incomplete pass" game plan to a disappointing, losing season. Dare we hope that Coach Johnson learned something last night?
problem with post...we dont have a passing qb on the team. tua choose bama over tech

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
3 things to give us our best chance at a great season next year.
1. a legit kicking game
2. significant improvement on D...can Woody get us inside the top 40? Sniff top 30?
3. OL staying healthy healthy
4. for LJ to win the QB job and move TM back to ab. (Me hoping he can doesn’t equate to him being able to)

In that order.
As to 4:

That would mean another first year starter at QB. Admittedly, LJ is a more talented passer and an adequate runner, but he will be subject to exactly the same in-game jitters that TM was subject to this year. And, almost certainly, making the same mistakes, particularly on reads. In short, you need to be prepared for what you are wishing for here.

Oh, and even if LJ wins the job this spring or next fall - could happen, though I doubt it - TM will still be at QB. Coach would like to have an experienced #2 at that position. We have plenty enough ABs.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
TM is not the guy. He's not a QB. His first instinct on every play is to run with it. He's hesitant to pitch it and is a terrible thrower.
Another year of TM is another 5-win season.
Completely agree. He is a good athlete and competitor, but he is/was playing out of position. Was he the only " option" we had , especially after MJ went down ? In hindsight ,I wished we would have played backups more to gain experience. The only possible bowl option we had was not very appealing anyway. We could have gotten a head start on what we had for this spring. Oh well....