Some of you guys are not religious

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
This is really sad. I feel for the guy, but not much. He needs a life outside his man cave.
He is a really pathetic young man. But in so many ways he embodies the typical UGA subway fan. If I were him, I would seek professional help because it will be a while before the "Dwags" get this close again. Literally every possible thing that could go right for them happened and they still got the dagger in the heart.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
I was looking back at the information coming out of last spring's practices and games. Seems like we had 4 viable ( or at least possible ) starters at QB going into the fall. TM was named starter and played pretty well to start the year, but he did not make progress at being a two dimensional playmaker as the season went on. MJ couldn't make it , sad to say. But seems like CPJ never considered playing anyone else, no matter the game situation. It became painfully obvious that , for this season past season at least, that TMs passing wasn't cutting it. Were LJ and JJ really that far behind getting some game reps, even in blowouts? If I were either of those guys , I might consider transferring ........oh wait .....

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
He is a really pathetic young man. But in so many ways he embodies the typical UGA subway fan. If I were him, I would seek professional help because it will be a while before the "Dwags" get this close again. Literally every possible thing that could go right for them happened and they still got the dagger in the heart.
All their self esteem and thoughts of being a success in life are tied to a bunch of 18 and 19 year old young men running around a field with uniforms on. It really is sad.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
You have to wonder what would have happened to UCF in the long run had they decided to play us...
I think they would have crushed us at their place. They were that good, IMO. Shows you what a good coach , with a good staff can do , with unlimited transfers, no admission restrictions to speak of, and a state with tons of great players , and FSU and UF are down. Perfect confluence of factors for them.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Mmmmmm slurp mmmmmm slurp.... Enjoy the dawg tears!!!

I posted this once in a different thread already, but this is exactly my feelings at the moment
giphy.gif

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Saban pulls his starting QB in the title game and inserts a freshman, because Saban needs a better passing game, if he hopes to win. Saban wins NC. Johnson sticks with his usual "run, run, run, with occasional incomplete pass" game plan to a disappointing, losing season. Dare we hope that Coach Johnson learned something last night?

The decision to do that is a hell of a lot easier when you have elite 5 star guys at every position on the field including backups.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The decision to do that is a hell of a lot easier when you have elite 5 star guys at every position on the field including backups.
And when your O doesn't require complicated calls and reads on almost every play.

I get that a lot of people here would have liked Coach to start one of the R-FR QBs; I sometimes felt that way during games myself. Then I'd remind myself of how much our QBs have to do. They must: call the play side of the formation based on how the D lines up, make the right reads for the play in that direction, and execute the reads and determine when and if to pitch the ball. And they have to do all this in the context of changing blocking assignments and, consequently, play gaps called in from the sidelines. No wonder the only time they look relaxed is when we run a called dive. And no wonder Coach prefers experienced hands at the wheel in close games; i.e. ones like our three loses in the last 1:22.

The real shame this season is that Matthew got hurt in the spring. I think TM would admit that he was the better QB until then and we would have done better with him in there, especially in throwing the ball. And if we had had Mills as well …

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Completely agree. He is a good athlete and competitor, but he is/was playing out of position. Was he the only " option" we had , especially after MJ went down ? In hindsight ,I wished we would have played backups more to gain experience. The only possible bowl option we had was not very appealing anyway. We could have gotten a head start on what we had for this spring. Oh well....

We did a poor job of playing backups period: QB, BB, WR, OL, and DB. There were good opportunities in situations were the game outcome would not be affected by backups but we failed to use the opportunity. Biggest hurt to the team for not using the backup more was QB.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Three things happened with BAMA's winning TD pass that we may never see at Tech :
1) A 2nd string QB replaced the starter to spark the offense.
2) On an obvious passing situation , the QB dropped back, set his feet and had time to go through his reads.
3) The QB looked off his primary target to draw the safety the wrong way and threw a dart to a wide open WR.
matt jordan @ vt also say hello.
Three things happened with BAMA's winning TD pass that we may never see at Tech :
1) A 2nd string QB replaced the starter to spark the offense.
2) On an obvious passing situation , the QB dropped back, set his feet and had time to go through his reads.
3) The QB looked off his primary target to draw the safety the wrong way and threw a dart to a wide open WR.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Plus, there is the annual, psychotic meltdown potential after a loss to Tech...

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was at the game because I volunteered to help with the pregame show before the playoffs started. The Bama fans were actually pretty nice to me. When I went to get food, Bama scored a touchdown. Then I came back, and georgie scored a touchdown. I left the game around the beginning of the fourth quarter because it was looking bad for the Tide. Even though I wish I could have seen that ending in person, I think I made the right choice. My presence seemed to be bad luck for Bama.