Some of the players are requesting a White Out for Saturday, what do you guys think?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's do it! Whiteout versus Wake Forest makes more sense than whiteout versus UNC. Really don't understand why we did the whiteout vs UNC....

Wake Forest = Gold + Black
UNC = Baby Blue + White

Unless GT social media gets a hold of it, will be hard to get the word out, especially since it's homecoming.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
If you guys want to make this work, I suggest contacting this guy so that he can clarify through social and email to fans - at least so we'll be united as fans for the team Sat night! I've sent my email...your turn!
  • Mike Flynn, [email protected]
    Assistant Director of Athletics/Communications and Public Relations (administration, football)

Sending an email right now, thanks! :D

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I agree they should only be done at night...it's kind of silly to ever schedule one of these things before the season starts. Once you know game times you should push these sorts of things.

Looks like I might have to buy a white sweatshirt Saturday!

crut

Helluva Engineer
The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of pushing "White At Night" as a regular thing for Tech. Gold for day games, white at night. Easy as pie (or pi)! Let's make it happen!

Yep this is my opinion as well. Games starting 5PM or later wear white, games before 5PM, wear gold.

Deleted member 2897

Well, there was nothing about it in the regular weekly email sent out to season ticket holders, so those of us on The Swarm may end up being the only ones in white, but let's go for it anyway.

Email all your alumni buddies and tell them to forward to all theirs, and so on.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Why is this not the norm? White IS one of our 2 colors.

With all the gnashing of teeth over different shades of Gold, wearing White would solve so much, and solve it so easily.

Make a “Gold Out” the exception.

Jmonty71

Banned
Let's do it! Whiteout versus Wake Forest makes more sense than whiteout versus UNC. Really don't understand why we did the whiteout vs UNC....

Wake Forest = Gold + Black
UNC = Baby Blue + White

Unless GT social media gets a hold of it, will be hard to get the word out, especially since it's homecoming.
I thought the same... Why wear a color that the other team has? For UNC.. a Gold-out seemed more logical. I love seeing the crowd in white at BDS, in night games. It looks great. This is chance for not only for the team to get some good PR... Think about it.. If you are a recruit and you see this on TV.. It does make the decision a little easier to go with us. I think the fan base has some pull with recruiting, just as the coaches. I maybe off. and maybe that's another topic. But, the whiteout sounds great!