So who leaves? Attrition.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Every law school has open secret files from law reviews on past exams. Every undergrad has the same at frats or elsewhere. It's called studying. If the test can be passed just by seeing an old test then it wasn't all that hard. If the point is to learn the material and to learn how to connect with folks in the know and study with them, then this is a great way to do it. My family from Tech called this "getting the word"; I thought that this was beyond known to the point of lore and the "what's the good word" as in "what always the right answer".

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Frats (well in my day) used to keep files on Professors and their old tests. It gave you an idea of what the individual prof was likely to ask....and was often the case.....profs were to lazy to change their tests from quarter to quarter. It was not cheating.
I worked under the social sciences building making up the drafting packages. Arch package was really amazing)
I had a clear view of M E building dumpster- conveniently got the original mimeograph of the upcoming test. I took to sigma nu house who traded w other houses. I got invites to their special parties. Lesson: always freely give away what free to u and valuable to others.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully talent won’t be the primary determining factor in a scenario such as this with our staff. Plenty of fans are willing to sacrifice ethics and integrity to win. I have hope our staff does not feel likewise.
Most football players want to play. Most come to school with the intention of playing. When they realize they won’t get on the field a pretty high percentage will want to go somewhere they can play and prove people wrong. I just don’t think it will be a problem.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
If pay attention to practice reports and stories from other sites. If there is name on their that you haven’t heard all summer or winter, it’s pretty good chance they are their way out

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
Frats (well in my day) used to keep files on Professors and their old tests. It gave you an idea of what the individual prof was likely to ask....and was often the case.....profs were to lazy to change their tests from quarter to quarter. It was not cheating.
Truth, but I can only remember 3 classes where the prof gave the same tests year after year, and I took both of those as electives for the easy A. I viewed those classes as Western Carolina among a schedule of Alabama, Southern Cal, and Notre Dame. (it was late 70's, early 80's). I didn't carry copies of the old tests into the classroom. I still had to memorize the questions and answers.

We're getting off the rails here. A second player has announced they are leaving, and it comes as no surprise to those of us following this thread last night.

LibertyTurns

Banned
There might be one more coming from down my way that’s not going to be good news in my opinion. Was wearing one of my GT shirts out at dinner earlier in the week and had a chance encounter with a young lady who probably has reliable info. It’s probably a fit issue more than anything. My advice to her was to encourage him to stay at Ma Tech because when times are tough you’ll need that experience surviving the challenge.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
There might be one more coming from down my way that’s not going to be good news in my opinion. Was wearing one of my GT shirts out at dinner earlier in the week and had a chance encounter with a young lady who probably has reliable info. It’s probably a fit issue more than anything. My advice to her was to encourage him to stay at Ma Tech because when times are tough you’ll need that experience surviving the challenge.

Some are opposed to letting the SA decide.....

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

Where is down your way?

DuckGT

Ramblin' Wreck
If pay attention to practice reports and stories from other sites. If there is name on their that you haven’t heard all summer or winter, it’s pretty good chance they are their way out

Hadn't heard much about Gentry Bonds or Jaylon King. Hopefully they stick it out with the potential they had coming in.

Deleted member 2897

RE: Jaylen Jackson. Yep. You can go through the roster of scholarship players at the WR, RB, and DB position and see folks who haven't seen the field yet. And who aren't even in the top say 4-6. Those are the folks at risk to want to transfer. They all had a clean slate in a new system in the spring to show their stuff. The guys who look at the chart and see they are #8 or #10 will have something thinking to do.

Deleted member 2897

If anybody knows that guy, please DM him to stop communicating. It doesn't help anything. If the kids are really upset, its a free country and they cant speak publicly about it. There is also a medical disqualification where you could keep your full scholarship if you've been hurt and won't ever be able to play. I know this guy means well, but he doesn't know the nature of the conversations...and maybe she does or maybe she doesn't. But the point is such a conversation won't help anything.

EDIT: I mean honestly, neither of these guys have posted anything publicly. Typically they give a little post of love to the school but they want to move on. There is nothing there yet. So I think the safer bet is not to assume anything either way about conversations.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
No way to know. Let me ask you a question: if coach met with a player after spring practice and plainly stated “after evaluation in winter conditioning and spring practice, we don’t think you’ll see the field here. If you want to play significant minutes, you may want to check out your options”, would that be acceptable to you? It’s likely that’s the type of conversation that took place vs someone’s claim that we are forcing kids out.

It is PRECISELY the way I would want my son to be addressed with bare facts and honest assessment of where he stands. These are the facts of life and now it is up to you. As a parent, I would prefer that my son stay at Tech and get the degree. If you want to stay a part of the team, you can become a walk on or a manager of some sort but if you really do have your heart set on playing ask the coaches to make inquires of G5 and smaller schools. But personally, I would hope my son would persevere and get the Tech degree as a fringe member of the team or not.

Deleted member 2897

It is PRECISELY the way I would want my son to be addressed with bare facts and honest assessment of where he stands. These are the facts of life and now it is up to you. As a parent, I would prefer that my son stay at Tech and get the degree. If you want to stay a part of the team, you can become a walk on or a manager of some sort but if you really do have your heart set on playing ask the coaches to make inquires of G5 and smaller schools. But personally, I would hope my son would persevere and get the Tech degree as a fringe member of the team or not.

Exactly. CPJ was pretty honest about this too - he always said that if you can't break into the top several spots on a roster at Georgia Tech, that the odds of transferring somewhere decent and getting playing time are probably also small. It is what it is. It is their choice either way.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Absolutely! Biggest lesson i learned at Tech
and Life is the most lauded and praised people are not always the smartest and accomplished. It’s not what you know but who you know and many people “Get Out” because they know how to play the game better than others.

Excellent lesson and that lives on in nearly every part of professional life after college. It becomes problematic when people forget that and they convince themselves their just smarter than everyone else.

I went from tech companies to investment side, and it’s all about the “Rolodex”. Granted, who you know gets you in the door, you can’t **** it up once you’re in but just getting in the door is a huge advantage.