So who leaves? Attrition.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
How do you pay for their school if their scholarship is pulled tbough? If they desire to stay and are okay they won’t play.

Pulled? I took the example you gave as an extremely harsh version of an honest conversation about future playing time, one that could be beneficial to the player as well (although I don't agree one bit with the harshness of your portrayal, and I don't believe the conversation should or would ever take that tone).

I am certainly not for pulling scholarships. I am for honest discussions, after which a player can make his decision. I don't see anything wrong with that.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Dang man, this is not a good look. My sincere hope is that this did not go down the way she is characterizing it.. I'm fine with the "You can stay, but you won't play unless you get better" conversation but hate the idea of "You're cut"

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
More to come on this front it seems
As expected with coaching change. How many left after the first Spring with PJ? We're in the process of making major systematic changes on both sides of the ball. We'll most likely be short handed this fall unless we hit the transfer market but this will speed up the roster transition pretty quickly.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
So these are the 3 options? :

“1) Stay on the GT football team, but as a walk-on with no scholarship.
2) Stay at Georgia Tech and GT will honor the scholarship through graduation, but you can't play football. (Maybe this doesn't count against football scholarships??)
3) The coaches will use their connections to help the SA find another opportunity and support their transfer to another school.”

#2? Must be for players about to graduate.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Based on something I heard last weekend I am not surprised that these two guys have announced they are transferring. They are both corners. I have little doubt that they were told they won't see the field. I don't know why some people think that honesty from the coaching staff is a bad thing.

Animal02

Banned
Dang man, this is not a good look. My sincere hope is that this did not go down the way she is characterizing it.. I'm fine with the "You can stay, but you won't play unless you get better" conversation but hate the idea of "You're cut"
Which is why I posted yesterday that if it is not true, GTAA needs to get out in front of this. The optics can get really bad, and if the woman is correct, CGC is violating P5 rules, either actually or the intent.

Animal02

Banned
Based on something I heard last weekend I am not surprised that these two guys have announced they are transferring. They are both corners. I have little doubt that they were told they won't see the field. I don't know why some people think that honesty from the coaching staff is a bad thing.
No one has said honesty was a bad thing. The question is , based on the claims in the tweet, that the SAs were not given a choice.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure Jackson had a nice catch in the Spring game. He is still pretty far down the depth chart though.

Deleted member 2897

I just went through the scholarship roster. I can count several guys I never hear about anymore - some like never. I count another several that I hear extremely out on the periphery.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
This may be one of the more insulting posts I’ve read in awhile. Football players probably spend 50 hours a week studying tape, hitting the weights, going to team meetings, and practicing. The notion that someone all but takes their tests for them is a rotten thought.
UNC says hello. FSU from what I’ve heard.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I worked under the social sciences building making up the drafting packages. Arch package was really amazing)
I had a clear view of M E building dumpster- conveniently got the original mimeograph of the upcoming test. I took to sigma nu house who traded w other houses. I got invites to their special parties. Lesson: always freely give away what free to u and valuable to others.
Is this what Tech people call the um "Good Word"? Asking for a current freshman from our church.