So who leaves? Attrition.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I am fine with that. My stipulation was that I wanted that SA to have the choice to stay in order to keep his scholarship. If a player decides he's through, then that's his choice.

The Choice paraphrase bothers me somewhat. The degree is the prize, and when our coaches seemingly devalue it by calling it a bonus, it bothers me. I agree with his assessment that football is the primary focus of their decision.

Like I said before, my Service Academy education leads me to feel strongly on certain things. I don't doubt it tinges the way I view these issues as well.

Oh stop. Our SAs aren’t here to play school anymore. :rolleyes:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No need when you can get the test from the frat guys

Ooohhkayyyy. You should consider not disclosing that on your resume.

Student cheating occurs everywhere. It’s a good way to get kicked out of school when caught. I guess Tech should adopt the UNC model since the NCAA doesn’t govern “academic” issues and winning is what matters. CGC and staff just have to make sure the right percentage on non SA students are involved also.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
There is nothing vague or unverifiable about what i said. You choose to believe what you want and that is fine.

What’s certain? That Sellers was processed? CPJ was fired by Tstan but politely and then lied to the world about it?

Right.

Where is everyone who has been clamoring all CPJ fans should be mad at CPJ for abandoning Tech? I guess it’s time to grab pitchforks and march on Tstan’s office. Lol

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck

Student cheating occurs everywhere. It’s a good way to get kicked out of school when caught. I guess Tech should adopt the UNC model since the NCAA doesn’t govern “academic” issues and winning is what matters. CGC and staff just have to make sure the right percentage on non SA students are involved also.
He means tests that were used in the past, not the upcoming test. Every frat keeps a file of old tests to reference for the younger brothers.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
We recently had a football player graduate from GT that read on an elementary level as a senior in high school. Yet he graduated from one of the best public institutions in America. I'll let you make your own assumptions as to the amount of academic assistance college athletes receive, even at Tech.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Are we just arguing for the sake of argument here now?

This is all pointless heresay unless the player comes out and says he was forced out of his scholarship

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Are we just arguing for the sake of argument here now?

This is all pointless heresay unless the player comes out and says he was forced out of his scholarship

Still waiting for that “thank you to my coaches etc but I’ve decided a change is best for me” letter.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Absolutely! Biggest lesson i learned at Tech
and Life is the most lauded and praised people are not always the smartest and accomplished. It’s not what you know but who you know and many people “Get Out” because they know how to play the game better than others.
I feel like I'm lost at this point. What point is trying to be made here with regards to athletics at Georgia Tech?

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer

Using resources to prepare is not even close to the same thing as cheating. If a prof is lazy/dumb enough to repeat a test year after year they have zero right to complain when people take advantage of the “study guide”.

Animal02

Banned

Frats (well in my day) used to keep files on Professors and their old tests. It gave you an idea of what the individual prof was likely to ask....and was often the case.....profs were to lazy to change their tests from quarter to quarter. It was not cheating.