So who leaves? Attrition.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
It is PRECISELY the way I would want my son to be addressed with bare facts and honest assessment of where he stands. These are the facts of life and now it is up to you. As a parent, I would prefer that my son stay at Tech and get the degree. If you want to stay a part of the team, you can become a walk on or a manager of some sort but if you really do have your heart set on playing ask the coaches to make inquires of G5 and smaller schools. But personally, I would hope my son would persevere and get the Tech degree as a fringe member of the team or not.

If her allegation is true he was denied that choice to do so.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
UNC says hello. FSU from what I’ve heard.

We had a young man in our church who was the very definition of a computer geek from the Institute. He literally walked in a strange sort of way. Extremely nice fellow, well spoken, polite to a fault. After graduation, he was a TA while in graduate school. He told me he helped prepare the athletes and others as best he could but under no circumstances did he offer to take tests (nor did anyone ever ask him to do so which is interesting) or give "undue assistance". It is telling that he said most ALL of them passed on their own IF they attended class, got help with homework when needed, and came to him for help when they did not understand a concept. My recollection is that he was a TA in math classes not computer science which was his major. He is currently living in Seattle working for some big tech company. Last time he came home for a visit...literally the first words out of his mouth were "What's the Good Word"? Alas, we were in the sanctuary of the church at the moment.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
All this hand wringing about people getting cut is silly to me. Paul did it when we were around and now its only fair for Geoff to do the same.

Every spring you had your meeting and he would either tell you to stay or leave.

I bet some people still won't believe you, even though you would know. They are too attached to their narrative that CGC is doing something new and scary.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
All this hand wringing about people getting cut is silly to me. Paul did it when we were around and now its only fair for Geoff to do the same.

Every spring you had your meeting and he would either tell you to stay or leave.
They keep saying
Oh, every body should get a trophy.

No matter what is said they will play the same billy preston s "go round in circles".

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

If it's true, you're right. But until there's some real evidence, one or two tweets from an extraneous party isn't going to do it for me.
I'd like to know exactly how she knows what she tweeted. It seems she should and would have made that clear. There are a lot of nefarious reasons why someone would make something like this up.
Somebody might want to tear us down, now that we're getting too big for our britches. Just saying...
I just want to know how she knows this. An utterance from the horse's mouth would be corroboration, for instance.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
If it's true, you're right. But until there's some real evidence, one or two tweets from an extraneous party isn't going to do it for me.
I'd like to know exactly how she knows what she tweeted. It seems she should and would have made that clear. There are a lot of nefarious reasons why someone would make something like this up.
Somebody might want to tear us down, now that we're getting too big for our britches. Just saying...
I just want to know how she knows this. An utterance from the horse's mouth would be corroboration, for instance.

JJ Green’s mom. She has a history of very pro Tech tweets.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
No way to know the truth IMO. She's getting second hand info from a teenager and picking a fight on twitter. Unless the kids come forward with taped conversations, it's their word against the Coach's word. No coach in America is going on record saying they cut players.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
No way to know the truth IMO. She's getting second hand info from a teenager and picking a fight on twitter. Unless the kids come forward with taped conversations, it's their word against the Coach's word. No coach in America is going on record saying they cut players.

Edwards did. If it’s no big deal and everybody does it why be scared of going on record?

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I worked under the social sciences building making up the drafting packages. Arch package was really amazing)
I had a clear view of M E building dumpster- conveniently got the original mimeograph of the upcoming test. I took to sigma nu house who traded w other houses. I got invites to their special parties. Lesson: always freely give away what free to u and valuable to others.

You definitely dated yourself there :)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

That would be a more comfortable notion to contemplate if we hadn’t over signed.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Where is down your way?
I kept that generic on purpose because I don’t want to out a guy by accident and I probably shouldn’t have posted that in retrospect. For all I know he decided to stay but he was definitely on the ledge. Not what I’d call an uncommon situation with youngsters under high pressure. This is Finals Week, correct?

A question I have- Does GT still grant scholarships to undergrad athletic trainers and if so is there a cap on the numbers?

On a side note: this post has taken an interesting turn and if you go back this thread and others related to processing, there’s a number of fence straddlers here that were humming quite a different tune the previous weeks.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
Are FB scholarships contracts that are renewed every year? Or a 4 year contract when they commit and sign?