So who leaves? Attrition.

Deleted member 2897

Anyone know what her connection to DW or anyone on the team? As a school Principal, she should know better than to call someone out on twitter. I seriously doubt CGC singled out DW and told him he had to transfer to make room for other players. Coaches meet with players after Spring and Fall and let them know where they stand, what they need to work on, etc. It's certainly possible that this is his third spring hearing the same things and he just wants to go get some playing time and finish his degree elsewhere.

She’s lecturing someone on ethics when she’s a principal and also runs a side consulting business and gets paid to provide educational advice. I’m guessing those sorts of conflicts of interest would be against most work agreements. But I admit to not knowing what some of these swampy educational fiefdoms are like.

Animal02

Banned
She’s lecturing someone on ethics when she’s a principal and also runs a side consulting business and gets paid to provide educational advice. I’m guessing those sorts of conflicts of interest would be against most work agreements. But I admit to not knowing what some of these swampy educational fiefdoms are like.
Attacking the messenger? Seems like the place to start is if there as any truth to her tweet.

Deleted member 2897

Attacking the messenger? Seems like the place to start is if there as any truth to her tweet.

You are free to reach out to anybody on Twitter you want. It’s a cesspool. The safer bet is to ignore them. If Dameon has a problem with anything, he can pursue it or voice it.

Matt E

GT Athlete

No way to know. Let me ask you a question: if coach met with a player after spring practice and plainly stated “after evaluation in winter conditioning and spring practice, we don’t think you’ll see the field here. If you want to play significant minutes, you may want to check out your options”, would that be acceptable to you? It’s likely that’s the type of conversation that took place vs someone’s claim that we are forcing kids out.

Deleted member 2897

No way to know. Let me ask you a question: if coach met with a player after spring practice and plainly stated “after evaluation in winter conditioning and spring practice, we don’t think you’ll see the field here. If you want to play significant minutes, you may want to check out your options”, would that be acceptable to you? It’s likely that’s the type of conversation that took place vs someone’s claim that we are forcing kids out.

I mean hell, that’s essentially what Dabo said to Kelly Bryant, just a bit removed from taking them to the national championship game. These guys commit and decommit at will. WE think education matters, but that’s only part of it. For many of these guys, this is their last chance to play competitive football in their life. They’d rather play at an FCS school or community college sometimes if they can see the field. I don’t agree with that (prioritizing a sport over an education), but that’s their right.

The thing that would concern me is if we ever take someone’s scholarship away against their will.

Animal02

Banned
See my post upstream....that is exactly what I said. Also posted back a few days how a conversation between a coach and player....from the coach's viewpoint and the player's viewpoint could be 180° different.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

We have had plenty of transfers over the years, and it is a safe bet that not all of those athletes were happy with how those conversations went down. Some very well may have felt "forced out" even if it was never explicitly stated. Like you say, no way to know

Animal02

Banned
I mean hell, that’s essentially what Dabo said to Kelly Bryant, just a bit removed from taking them to the national championship game. These guys commit and decommit at will. WE think education matters, but that’s only part of it. For many of these guys, this is their last chance to play competitive football in their life. They’d rather play at an FCS school or community college sometimes if they can see the field. I don’t agree with that (prioritizing a sport over an education), but that’s their right.

The thing that would concern me is if we ever take someone’s scholarship away against their will.
Agree....as well as intimidate them into leaving.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer

Exactly.

Animal02

Banned
You are free to reach out to anybody on Twitter you want. It’s a cesspool. The safer bet is to ignore them. If Dameon has a problem with anything, he can pursue it or voice it.
Agree that is a cesspool, and filled with narcissists....which is why I don't venture there. As far as the player.....maybe he has more class than to speak out publicly. I have no idea where the truth lies.....

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
There is a line that should not be crossed. It is one thing to tell a kid he likely won't see the field and if playing is a priority he should consider transferring. It is a far different thing to tell a kid he will get worked to death , harrassed etc if he doesn't transfer.

And if you weren’t in the room you have less than zero clue what was said. But you assume it is the worst possible situation. I recognize I have no clue what was said, either. But I’m of the opinion that two people can hear the same words and interpret them differently. I can easily feel for a young man who hears “you aren’t going to make the depth chart here and I don’t see any way you’ll play football at GT. So if you want to play football you’ll have to do so elsewhere” and feel like he heard “I’m being forced to leave.” In his mind since NOT playing is not an option he is being forced to leave in order to pursue his desire. But he’s not really being forced to leave. He’s being told that staying at GT means giving up on playing on Saturdays. And that may not be something he can accept. And I can put myself in his shoes and see it that way. And also see it from the coach’s perspective as well.

No doubt it sucks for the young man hearing that. Possibly for the first time in his life. Has to be a crushing blow. I feel for those kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
And if you weren’t in the room you have less than zero clue what was said. But you assume it is the worst possible situation. I recognize I have no clue what was said, either. But I’m of the opinion that two people can hear the same words and interpret them differently. I can easily feel for a young man who hears “you aren’t going to make the depth chart here and I don’t see any way you’ll play football at GT. So if you want to play football you’ll have to do so elsewhere” and feel like he heard “I’m being forced to leave.” In his mind since NOT playing is not an option he is being forced to leave in order to pursue his desire. But he’s not really being forced to leave. He’s being told that staying at GT means giving up on playing on Saturdays. And that may not be something he can accept. And I can put myself in his shoes and see it that way. And also see it from the coach’s perspective as well.

No doubt it sucks for the young man hearing that. Possibly for the first time in his life. Has to be a crushing blow. I feel for those kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I posted that same scenario (in short form) a couple of days ago.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Doing a little digging, it appears she is a former players mom (edited to remove his name) one who already graduated. Not sure what connection she has to anyone on the current team, if any.

Lets tread lightly and please no one engage her on social media.
Agree this one is odd as her kid has been graduated a while. Had there been any other similar comments before now?