So who leaves? Attrition.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Ok I feel you, but how is her son, if that is her son, not getting a fair shot? They've been working out and practicing nearly everyday that this new staff has been on campus. The guys have been given the same chance to separate themselves from the pack and unfortunately he is behind some really strong players. I hate it for him and I wish him success.

My point wasn't that he isn't getting a fair shot. My point was simply that I can see the POV of a person who feels for a kid who thinks he's being told he needs to give up on his dream of playing football unless he transfers. To him that may sound like "you need to leave." I have compassion for the kids and for the adults around them even if they aren't being treated unfairly. So I tread lightly in those situations and let them have their say and genuinely listen and empathize. I think empathy is something we need more of (not talking about you or actually anyone here on the board, just in general in the world).

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
She appears to be from the same area as kid i thought would transfer and he may have been giving notice.

This ain’t a New Era at Tech either. This no different than a Quiade, Donovan Wilson and others

Those guys didn’t transfer with Tech in a position of being over 85 tbough......

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Happens all the time unless u work as an one man shop, a union job, etc.

Need to get the recruiting classes to a steady and sustainable number 19 - 22.

Stuff happens ( transfers, medical, quit, etc) and then BIG STUFF HAPPENS- like a Coach leaves. At some schools there is a mass exodus associated w that. May have more than my desired 6 max leaving in this period ( a few now for incoming class then more as lack of pt).

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know what her connection to DW or anyone on the team? As a school Principal, she should know better than to call someone out on twitter. I seriously doubt CGC singled out DW and told him he had to transfer to make room for other players. Coaches meet with players after Spring and Fall and let them know where they stand, what they need to work on, etc. It's certainly possible that this is his third spring hearing the same things and he just wants to go get some playing time and finish his degree elsewhere.
I doubt she’s in with Williams, someone else has probably entered the portal that she’s in with.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Those guys didn’t transfer with Tech in a position of being over 85 tbough......
I am proud that we honored All the signed commits and all wanted to come even thiugh we had a coach leave suddenly. I believe he was given a 3 year contract extension that only lasted 1 year and happened without giving AD much notice. When i retired i gave 2 years notice and trained my replacement as we increased company revenue by 33%. When the leader leaves suddenly the people who worked for him suffer for a while. Andy is still looking

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

That’s because self-imposed scholarship banned ourselves by never hitting 85

No matter how you try to spin it, it’s exactly the same. “Hey son, you’re currently 4th on the depth chart (or not ATL), of you want to continue your dream of playing football, it would be best you transferred. Thank you for your contribution and commitment. If you need help or recommendation, I’ll be more than willing to help”

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Here are a couple of my takes.

1. Fact - SA entered the portal.

2. Fact - An apparent HS principal has now accused Tech of processing a kid.

3. No one here in this forum likely knows the content of the conversations between staff and SA.

4. It’s possible this SA just got processed and a huge debate can ensue again over what that entails. (I still contend this constitutes forcing a kid out who would choose to stay in a backup role with no playing time rather than being encouraged to transfer for pt if that’s a big priority of the SA)

5. It’s possible this is a voluntary transfer that the SA decided on to better his situation.

6. If 4 is true and more info comes out enhancing this as the greater probability...Tech’s rep will be dynamically changed. Selling family and the 40 year plan may become a very hard sell. Could also hurt team chemistry unless this SA is widely unliked for some reason.

7. If 5 is true this principal will likely look like a dingbat soon.

8. A high school principal is not someone you want to piss off if you ever want to get back on campus. If said principal is highly respected in her area you may have closed doors to other schools in that area also.

9. Either publicly or privately CGC better smooth this over with this principal or he can forget about setting foot there again much less landing a chopper there.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
That’s because self-imposed scholarship banned ourselves by never hitting 85

No matter how you try to spin it, it’s exactly the same. “Hey son, you’re currently 4th on the depth chart (or not ATL), of you want to continue your dream of playing football, it would be best you transferred. Thank you for your contribution and commitment. If you need help or recommendation, I’ll be more than willing to help”

Now that is spin. How about this.....

“I know I won’t play much if any coach. But I want to be a part of this team and I really want to obtain my Tech degree and “get out.”

“Sorry kid. Your scholarship is needed for another player I signed who can actually help this team win games. Good luck kid bit your scholarship will not be renewed.”

Your analogy I’m okay with and almost all here are also. My analogy I’m not okay with.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So? that just means they were replaced with walk-ons or not at all, whereas we have immediate impact players like Ezzard and Clayton taking those schollies now. Zero downside to reasonable oversigning.

They were not forced out due to over signing obviously. At least I thought that point was obvious. Smh

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Now that is spin. How about this.....

“I know I won’t play much if any coach. But I want to be a part of this team and I really want to obtain my Tech degree and “get out.”

“Sorry kid. Your scholarship is needed for another player I signed who can actually help this team win games. Good luck kid bit your scholarship will not be renewed.”

Your analogy I’m okay with and almost all here are also. My analogy I’m not okay with.

This is not an entitlement program

Animal02

Banned
Here are a couple of my takes.

1. Fact - SA entered the portal.

2. Fact - An apparent HS principal has now accused Tech of processing a kid.

3. No one here in this forum likely knows the content of the conversations between staff and SA.

4. It’s possible this SA just got processed and a huge debate can ensue again over what that entails. (I still contend this constitutes forcing a kid out who would choose to stay in a backup role with no playing time rather than being encouraged to transfer for pt if that’s a big priority of the SA)

5. It’s possible this is a voluntary transfer that the SA decided on to better his situation.

6. If 4 is true and more info comes out enhancing this as the greater probability...Tech’s rep will be dynamically changed. Selling family and the 40 year plan may become a very hard sell. Could also hurt team chemistry unless this SA is widely unliked for some reason.

7. If 5 is true this principal will likely look like a dingbat soon.

8. A high school principal is not someone you want to piss off if you ever want to get back on campus. If said principal is highly respected in her area you may have closed doors to other schools in that area also.

9. Either publicly or privately CGC better smooth this over with this principal or he can forget about setting foot there again much less landing a chopper there.
But but but...you are just being dramatic. :rolleyes: