So who leaves? Attrition.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Senior leadership. Position flexibility. Speed. Coach loves speed.

Nate + AB in the slot is very solid, probably athletically competitive with any team. With a good year, he’ll get a shot at the league. I sincerely hope he stays for his last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoGATech

Jolly Good Fellow
Nate + AB in the slot is very solid, probably athletically competitive with any team. With a good year, he’ll get a shot at the league. I sincerely hope he stays for his last year.

If he can work on his hands and consistently making catches, I could 100% see us running some double slot with him and AB both running seam routes. One of them likely will be matched up with a LB and should blaze right past.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
If he can work on his hands and consistently making catches, I could 100% see us running some double slot with him and AB both running seam routes. One of them likely will be matched up with a LB and should blaze right past.
Love this idea. I think we have a real chance to see some burners on O making Defenses looks kinda foolish with all the bodies we will be rotating through the game on Offensive Sets.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
He should be welcome to stay, but top priority? No way.
Ah. So we have another experienced all-ACC RB who rushed for over 1000 yards available? Who might that be? Inquiring minds want to know!

Well, of course, we don't. And you, like an incomprehensibly large number of people here, think we will be "ok" at RB next year. That might be true. With Benson it would have been. We can't afford to lose all conference football players.

But perhaps Kirvontae will transfer to Clemson! He gained 129 yards in 16 carries yards on them in 2017 and they can always use a good RB.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I won't get into details, but there may be be more to the story than most people know about. It may be best if he leaves now. Just an opinion.
The one I’ve been looking out for is not in the transfer portal. It appears he decided to stay & that’s an extremely good thing for GT. I’d have subtracted 2 more wins from my projected total without him.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
acting isn't required losing your only 1000+ rusher IS a huge loss.

Ah. So we have another experienced all-ACC RB who rushed for over 1000 yards available? Who might that be? Inquiring minds want to know!

Well, of course, we don't. And you, like an incomprehensibly large number of people here, think we will be "ok" at RB next year. That might be true. With Benson it would have been. We can't afford to lose all conference football players.

But perhaps Kirvontae will transfer to Clemson! He gained 129 yards in 16 carries yards on them in 2017 and they can always use a good RB.

Ya'll do realize that Mason and Howard combined for over 1300 yards and a higher ypc than KB, right? And both better fit the mold of a running back for the offense we have now. This is before you even add Griffin into the rotation. Yes, RB is the least of my worries.

GT_EE78

Banned
Ya'll do realize that Mason and Howard combined for over 1300 yards and a higher ypc than KB, right? And both better fit the mold of a running back for the offense we have now. This is before you even add Griffin into the rotation. Yes, RB is the least of my worries.
yes, you've pointed that out , over and over and over again.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer

It's two completely different offenses but many people wondered the exact same thing you're wondering now when we lost Dedrick Mills, and then KB stepped in and stepped up. We have a very good chance of that happening again this time around and being just find without him.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer

I like KB and if he wanted to stay I would be happy to have him. But he ran for over 1000 yds 2 years ago in the 3o. Then he blew out his knee for the second time. Is he healthy? Can he cut like he did before the operation? Did he lose any speed? You have no idea if he would even start if he stayed. And he won’t go to Clemson. My guess is he will go G5 st best because of his injury history.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
To the boys and girls talking trash about our current student athletes who are in the portal FOH.

These guys bled, sweat and grinded for the program. Treat them with the respect they deserve or reread my first sentence.

“Projecting” and “prognosticating” about kids being broken and unable to come back from injury is obnoxious and trash. These guys are real human beings and kids with their whole lives ahead.

I can’t believe this mentality of dogging our guys “we don’t need em” or “they won’t be able to play like they used to” or whatever is the kind of sour grapes children have.

Wish them the best of luck and move on.

Dang dude. Y’all got me hot about this.